Port Canavaral and NCL

slotaddict

Will NCL ever come back to Port Canaveral......I live so close and could jump on all the last minute deals.....I am partial to NCL, and would prefer to sail them.....but.....a lot of ships are coming now.....

I wish the Sun was still there.....I love its 10 and 11 day itineraries.....:(

Will NCL ever come back to Port Canaveral......I live so close and could jump on all the last minute deals.....I am partial to NCL, and would prefer to sail them.....but.....a lot of ships are coming now.....

We loved sailing on the Sun out of PC, we are driving to Miami to sail on her this weekend, it adds about 4 hrs to our drive.

We sailed on HAL when they were out of PC, so convenient.

We loved sailing on the Sun out of PC, we are driving to Miami to sail on her this weekend, it adds about 4 hrs to our drive.

We sailed on HAL when they were out of PC, so convenient.

Its about 3 hours from here, I live in Melbourne....I see the NCL ships coming in for a stop. I know the Carnival Dream and RCL Explorer of the Sea is coming in, in 2014 and as much as I hate switching lines I may pick one just for the convenience.....I am diamond on RCL, but just turned platinum on the Jewel last week.....:(

We can only hope! With all the dollars that Gov. Scott is pouring into the port, sooner or later we should definitely attract more ships and hopefully NCL will be in the mix. Consider ourselves lucky though slot addict, living in central Florida we have several ports to choose from all within a reasonable drive. Yeah driving down south stinks, it's 4 for me (I am 30 miles North of Orlando) But a four hour drive definitely beats standing in line at the airport any day of the week......;)

I agree....we drove down to miami for a 4 nighter on the Sky..I just loved great stirup cay. Abouf 3 yeads ago I took the sun out of cape canaveral.....I just want it to come back.....or any NCL ship...:(

Edited by slotaddict

We can only hope! With all the dollars that Gov. Scott is pouring into the port, sooner or later we should definitely attract more ships and hopefully NCL will be in the mix. Consider ourselves lucky though slot addict, living in central Florida we have several ports to choose from all within a reasonable drive. Yeah driving down south stinks, it's 4 for me (I am 30 miles North of Orlando) But a four hour drive definitely beats standing in line at the airport any day of the week......;)

30 miles North of Orlando and you do this in 4 hours, what's your secret:). I'm 10 miles north of Orlando and it's about 4.5 for me.:( I suppose you could be a lot closer to the turnpyke than I am.

Would love to see NCL in Port Canaveral. (Along with keeping one in Tampa)

Twinzma and debnjoe 1438,

May I ask where you live north of Orlando? I am also "30 mins." north of Orlando in Howey in the Hills. We are leaving Sat. for MIA to go on the Epic.

We were on the Epic in the Med. in Sept and really enjoyed the ship.

Thanks.

May I ask where you live north of Orlando? I am also "30 mins." north of Orlando in Howey in the Hills. We are leaving Sat. for MIA to go on the Epic.

Thanks.

Hi there Neighbor! I am east of you over in the Lake Jem Area. So we just take the 429 to the turnpike. You should take 27 to the Turnpike but leave early!! One bad accident on the turnpike can shut it down for hours. You could also take 27 all the way to Miami and not pay any tolls but it will take you over 5 hours instead. Enjoy your cruise and have a safe trip. Be sure to come back and post a review (with dailies hint-hint ;)) We'll be on her in 7 weeks :)

As I said earlier in this thread we should see more options closer by soon! In the meantime our dilemma isn't so bad, after all we do have more choices than say someone living in Iowa :D.

I, for one, wish they would! We live in Melbourne, and love leaving out of Port Canaveral. We need more options!!! Right now, it's Royal, Disney, or Carnival. We're getting a little burned out on Carnival, Disney is WAY expensive, maybe we'll try Royal some day. Personally, we prefer the more laid back cruise lines like Carnival and NCL though (even though we haven't been on NCL yet, I KNOW we will like it!!)

Thanks.

Hello Neighbors, I'm in Apopka. Neither of you are far from me. I think I know where Lake Jem is. However Howey in the Hills not so sure about. :)

Edited by debnjoe1438