Printing Luggage Tags

CruiseLovinNewlyweds

Good morning!

Very excited to have just done all of the onboard check in for our cruise in just under three weeks, have set up the Seapass and everything.

Went to go request luggage tags and it gave me an error message.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,

CruiseLovinNewlyweds

Good morning!

Very excited to have just done all of the onboard check in for our cruise in just under three weeks, have set up the Seapass and everything.

Went to go request luggage tags and it gave me an error message.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,

CruiseLovinNewlyweds

There was a post from someone else having issues. They called into Celebrity and were told there were others with issues as well, but the lady they spoke to said they mailed them the luggage tags.

Question, can you get into your edocs? If so, there is a page in there I printed last time for luggage tags, or is that what you mean about the error?

There was a post from someone else having issues. They called into Celebrity and were told there were others with issues as well, but the lady they spoke to said they mailed them the luggage tags.

Question, can you get into your edocs? If so, there is a page in there I printed last time for luggage tags, or is that what you mean about the error?

This is probably a very silly question, but If I print my luggage tags, do I need special paper or stickers?? How does that work? Thanks!

This is probably a very silly question, but If I print my luggage tags, do I need special paper or stickers?? How does that work? Thanks!

Just print on regular paper and it gives you folding instructions so it is thick, but the issue is you have to staple them or something when you get there. I actually used clear packing tape to tape them (I put layers of tape on front and back) and make them a bit stronger (but likely unnecessary) and hole punch both ends and took the little plastic zip ties to secure them in the morning before we headed to the port. Once cruise I took a stapler but that was too much effort! The porters can also put tags on at the port if you need them to.

I print the tags on full-page sticker paper. Then, just remove enough of the backing on both ends to stick together.

I've been trying to order tags for several days and have kept getting the message that they couldn't process the request. Called the number on the screen, and the helpful person at Celebrity took care of it. Thanks for the suggestion! A lot easier and less frustrating than continuing to check and not being able to do it. Now I'm on to my packing list!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've been trying to order tags for several days and have kept getting the message that they couldn't process the request. Called the number on the screen, and the helpful person at Celebrity took care of it. Thanks for the suggestion! A lot easier and less frustrating than continuing to check and not being able to do it.

Not so fast. Have you received them? One month ago when I was getting the error message, I called the Captain's Club and was told the tags would be mailed. I soon booked a second cruise and was unable to print those tags, either. The tags for the first cruise never arrived, so I called the CC once again, gave them both reservation numbers, and was assured I'd receive both sets. That was 50% correct; I never got the set for the original cruise. This is not a big issue, but it is indicative of Celebrity's continuing problems.

Since Celebrity "upgraded" their website, thousands of customers cannot access their reservations for the purpose of online check in, making reservations, etc. The system recognizes that the reservation exists, but advises that those tasks cannot be performed because of "system maintenance" and/or a myriad of other errors, glitches, etc. The tech people at X are well aware of this, but the phone operators are clueless as to when fixes are coming. For me, this had been a problem over a month ago when, all of a sudden, I was again able to access and manage my reservation. Then, two weeks ago, the problem returned. I requested luggage tags over the phone. Although I already printed my Express Pass months ago, someone in our traveling group needs to change the credit card they had linked to the account some time back. They also cannot access the reservation, so they will have to do that over the phone (if possible) or at check in.

On Nov 30, I was able to complete all sections of on-line check-in, including ordering luggage tags, which arrived yesterday! So when it's working, it works fast. But haven't been able to sign up for Connections..guess you can't have it all:rolleyes:

I have printed tags before, and used card stock as had some, or use regular paper and strengthen with clear packing tape. The baggage handlers are just as happy to use their tags, their pockets are loaded with them. Not to worry, though it is fun to get something in the mail as most documents are now "self-serve"

New to this luggage tag thing...first cruise in 25yrs. I had the same issue, I called and they said they would mail them. Everything else pertaining to the online check-in worked fine.

Edited by Loves_2_Run

We printed out our check in passes and also downloaded and printed the "Guest Ticket Booklet" (ecodocs), which has a printed tag available with all our stateroom info. You just need to make as many copies as you need and follow the folding instructions. I usually just laminate them and cut them out. Celebrity also say that you can also take the image to the baggage Porter at the pier and he will create new ones.

Edited by KiwiFunCruiser

Called captains club 14 days ago, no tags! We are leaving tomorrow 12 dec and am not happy that after being told we would have them in time, we do not. :mad:

Not really sure how it works , porters doing them for us. Had trouble ordering in first place thats why we called capt club. Very dissapointed.

Called captains club 14 days ago, no tags! We are leaving tomorrow 12 dec and am not happy that after being told we would have them in time, we do not. :mad:

Not really sure how it works , porters doing them for us. Had trouble ordering in first place thats why we called capt club. Very dissapointed.

Sorry to hear, but I hope your cruise is great! :)

No worries.. The porters' pockets are stuffed with tags. They write your cabin number in big print on a tag and bags gets delivered. One porter told me he preferred their own tags, not the printed ones with cabin number in small typeface.

Edited by Janet987