Ship Reviews

SeaDate

>SNIP<

I don't think I would consider just a $500 OBC a just offer for your situation, and hope that if you keep nipping at their heels, they will refund you something.

My opinion is that OBC's are ok for an incentive or reward of some sort, but a slap in the face as compensation for real issues. I feel that these need real money refunds, not something that I can't collect unless I am willing to spend an additional several thousand dollars with a vendor who just provided me with an inferior product, and I most likely have no desire to use again, at least not very soon.

I completely agree. I recently had this experience, and I was infuriated, not placated, by the "compensation".

To be most helpful, please include your cabin number, where you were cruising and dates of your cruise. Then readers will be able to evaluate whether later reports or an intervening dry dock remedied your specific situation. Or, not. Thnx. :cool:

Whilst I had no problem with reporting - long after the cruise was over - my cabin number, it is definitely not good practice to post so much personal information. No one should have to justify their posts in this way. Just take them at their word, when they indicate the general area on the ship, just as you would a positive report.

What I find really unhelpful is condemning an entire ship forever with no reference point whatsoever. Not sure where it was determined this was "bad form" to be helpful about cruise dates, cabin number and location of cruise when either praise or criticism was offered. I thought shared information was the name of the game. People ask about certain cabins all the time and it is always welcome when this information was willingly offered.

What I find really unhelpful is condemning an entire ship forever with no reference point whatsoever. Not sure where it was determined this was "bad form" to be helpful about cruise dates, cabin number and location of cruise when either praise or criticism was offered. I thought shared information was the name of the game. People ask about certain cabins all the time and it is always welcome when this information was willingly offered.

There are plenty of reference points: aft deck this and that, midship deck this or that. To demand that a person report their cabin number or any other identifying information is a far, far different thing than having a person choose to volunteer that information.

I think most posters understand that "shared information" shouldn't be an open book, and that the decision on how much to actually share is at the discretion of the person providing the information.

If you haven't read it, you might want to look through the "Who do you tell" thread that I started. It may give you some insight into why people should not be expected to provide cabin numbers.

Can't say I've ever seen that, but I do read all the posts carefully, before jumping to conclusions.

There are plenty of reference points: aft deck this and that, midship deck this or that. To demand that a person report their cabin number or any other identifying information is a far, far different thing than having a person choose to volunteer that information.

I think most posters understand that "shared information" shouldn't be an open book, and that the decision on how much to actually share is at the discretion of the person providing the information.

If you haven't read it, you might want to look through the "Who do you tell" thread that I started. It may give you some insight into why people should not be expected to provide cabin numbers.

Let's just stick with what was requested to be offered, or not:

"To be most helpful, please include your cabin number, where you were cruising and dates of your cruise. Then readers will be able to evaluate whether later reports or an intervening dry dock remedied your specific situation. Or, not. Thnx."