No Ex-UK in 2015?

Would you miss ex-UK cruises if Thomson didn't return in 2015?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you miss ex-UK cruises if Thomson didn't return in 2015?

• Yes, I love the ex-UK cruises.
    • Maybe. Depends if they offer somewhere new as a replacement.
    • No, I prefer the fly-cruises.

After the Q&A, it looks like there definitely won't be any ex-UK cruises after next year. I would have thought that if they were planning on returning a more definite answer would have been given, but as the answer was a bit sketchy, and even mentioned they have considered not returning, I think it is almost certain they now won't.

I wonder why? Could be Spirit's contract ending and no current replacement, or perhaps a new destination for the summer, but surely there's only really the Med as an option with cruise and stay and flights, and the Med is pretty much covered. A second ship (well third with IE) in Palma again like previously? Who knows...

If they do go, will you miss cruising from the UK? They have certainly improved the cruise offerings from UK ports recently, with the Arctic itinerary and now home porting from Liverpool, so I'm quite surprised that they might be pulling out. But I suppose they make more money don't they from fly-cruises.

Would you miss ex-UK cruises if they weren't to return in 2015? Vote in the poll. :)

I can't really vote as we have booked our first ex UK Fire and Ice from Harwich for Aug 2014, and we are looking forward to that experience. I would have thought there was room for ex UK to continue though. Are P & O Southampton only? There doesn't seem to be a lot of choice for those who don't like flying.

I really like them. One of the main reasons is the variety in the itineraries. With the other ports there are usually only two on a loop for the whole season. Also mid summer in the Med or Canaries is too hot for me.

I think I might go with another line if they are stopped.

I'm a "maybe"- sitting on the fence again! I think there could be a lot more variety in what they offer ex-uk in terms both of ports visited and starting points.

Having done the Baltic, and the Fjords, in the last 2 years, we are ready for something warmer! However we would be very tempted by cruises from the North West visiting places like Zeebrugge, Honfleur, Guernsey, Cornwall etc. We don't always want to go North.

kate

I can't really vote as we have booked our first ex UK Fire and Ice from Harwich for Aug 2014, and we are looking forward to that experience. I would have thought there was room for ex UK to continue though. Are P & O Southampton only? There doesn't seem to be a lot of choice for those who don't like flying.

Holland America have some cruises out of Dover as do Fred Olsen (who also use some other ports) . Cruise and Maritime are also going from other UK ports.