Carnival Sunshine Naming Ceremony and Inaugural US Cruise

Sargent_Schultz

A quick pit stop on the way to supper

IMG_0798_Zyde.jpg

The menu was the standard first elegant night menu although included wine, etc.

IMG_0799_Zyde.jpg

A presentation to the Port of New Orleans

IMG_0801_Zyde.jpg

A lovely mosaic of the ship passing Jackson Square.

IMG_0813_Zyde.jpg

We were in the aft dining room

IMG_0834_Zyde.jpg

and the an excellent Playlist Production show - Epic Rock, but...

IMG_0836_Zyde.jpg

IMG_0837_Zyde.jpg

IMG_0838_Zyde.jpg

then it was time for a siesta and to get ready for the cruise!

Oh yeah - I picked up the keys for the stateroom for our cruise tonight. We didn't have to get off of the ship the next day if we didn't want to, but if we did, we would have to wait to reboard, so that was a no brainer.

As it turned out there was no one in our cruise cabin, so we could have just been allowed to stay there and not move at all, but somewhere the ball was dropped. Oh well.

We were on the inaugural trip as well and had a fantastic time! We loved the deck 5 aft corner OS (formerly 9C) cabin; great size and location! We mostly frequented the kid friendly venues (playground, pool, water works) since we had our kiddos but we also visited JiJi, the steakhouse and Cucina restaurants...all were great! My husband won a cruise so we'll be sailing again in March for our 15th anniversary...can't wait!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sarge, great review so far. We were on Carnival Breeze in Nov and will be on Carnival Sunshine in March. Interested in your general comparison of the two. Also, we're on deck 8 in March. Have they upgraded those cabins...fridge, safe, bedding, overall decor?

Great review....looking forward to reading the rest!

Thank you. Stay tuned.

Making me homesick. We spent 28 days on the Sunshine prior to the New Orleans arrival. Loved every minute of it. Want to be back on it one day. Soon! Love your reviews and pics. They kept me checking everyday until we boarded in venice.

Only 12 days for us prior to this naming and cruise.

Thank you!

We were on the inaugural trip as well and had a fantastic time! We loved the deck 5 aft corner OS (formerly 9C) cabin; great size and location! We mostly frequented the kid friendly venues (playground, pool, water works) since we had our kiddos but we also visited JiJi, the steakhouse and Cucina restaurants...all were great! My husband won a cruise so we'll be sailing again in March for our 15th anniversary...can't wait!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It is a great ship!

Sarge, great review so far. We were on Carnival Breeze in Nov and will be on Carnival Sunshine in March. Interested in your general comparison of the two. Also, we're on deck 8 in March. Have they upgraded those cabins...fridge, safe, bedding, overall decor?

Never been on the Breeze, but in talking with others, Sunshine is like a smaller version of Breeze, with a few things that Breeze doesn't have.

All of the staterooms were redone. Fridges are only in the cabins that were added and suites.

IMG_0688_Zyde.jpg

IMG_0691_Zyde.jpg

No buckets, but I did finally find a "leak". Actually an occasional drip.

IMG_0694_Zyde.jpg

IMG_0697_Zyde.jpg

IMG_0698_Zyde.jpg

but that was it

How dare you post something negative aginst carnival. You will ruin your reputation. Lol great review as usual. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like doug aka mr cruise radio is drunk. Lol

Dunno - he had just completed the TA and it was late at night.

Making me homesick for a ship I haven't even been on yet - but will be on for two weeks next month... :p :D

Thanks and keep up the good work!

You're welcome and thank you. Enjoy your cruises! I did respect and not trespass on your private balcony this cruise. ;)