Has the spirit ever made it to lanzarote?

sammythedog

I'm going on the 9 day canaries and morocco cruise on 10th dec, one reason being I was looking forward to meeting a friend in lanzarote.

Checking it it, it seems the spirit hardly ever gets into Ariciffe! It didn't last week or the cruise before. Has anyone actually made it?

Why don't NCL change the itinery when this happens so often?

I'm going on the 9 day canaries and morocco cruise on 10th dec, one reason being I was looking forward to meeting a friend in lanzarote.

Checking it it, it seems the spirit hardly ever gets into Ariciffe! It didn't last week or the cruise before. Has anyone actually made it?

Yes we were there on our Spirit cruise in April this year:)

We didn't make it on the 26th October - 2nd November sailing, even though there were 3 ships docked before us. It didn't come as a surprise to me as I had read online of this happening quite regularly. So in fact our Canary Island cruise was not, as we never made it to the Canary Islands. What made it worse for us was that because of the choppy seas hubby was suffering from sea sickness and was desperate for dry land, lol.

Hope you manage to get there.:cool:

We are on the same sailing on the 10th December and I am also worried about this. Hopefully things get better weather wise and we make it into all the ports. I'm not very found of rough seas so my fingers are crossed for a smooth sailing.

We were very near the front and I think the movement was probably worse there. We normally prefer to be aft. We have sailed 7 times and never suffered before so won't be booking a forward cabin again.:eek:

Checking it it, it seems the spirit hardly ever gets into Ariciffe! It didn't last week or the cruise before. Has anyone actually made

We were on the 13th November sailing & made it into Lanzarote without any issue as far as I aware! Enjoy your cruise.

We made it last February without any difficulty. I did notice that unlike a lot of ports and harbours around the world the area where we docked seemed very flat and open. I expect this means that when a wind gets up it could be very tricky to manouver a ship.

We have been on this cruise twice in January, always docked in Lanzarote and the weather has always been good, no rough seas to speak of. As the boat is out of commission for our usual time, we booked for 10th December instead. To be honest it is our least favourite destination and we didn't get off the boat last time, although thinking we should do a trip this year, so we will see??

its in the hands of the gods then!

Lujaha, you could take a taxi to Puerto Del Carmen very cheaply, about 20 Euro and have a nice wander around the old town and a walk along the front or take a trip up to the Timanfaya, the volcanic national park.

I was hoping to go to the Jameos del Agua http://www.discoverlanzarote.com/jameos_del_agua.asp and then to the market at Teguise

We did not make it on the 22-nov sailing.

On departure from Madiera it was announced that we would be going to Santa Cruz in Tenerife on 27th as Arrecife is too windy/exposed to be reached.

The call was also changed from 12pm-6pm to 8am-3pm instead.

We just arrived home, hope you had a good time: we loved it!

Sammy - The sea was super duper rough a few nights, and a little rough in the day on one sea day in particular. I hope you make it to lanzarote, but if not that they give you an alternative: Santa Cruz was ok, but we were unprepared and ended up just wandering around the town, probably should have taken an NCL trip!

Have a good trip!

We just arrived home, hope you had a good time: we loved it!

Sammy - The sea was super duper rough a few nights, and a little rough in the day on one sea day in particular. I hope you make it to lanzarote, but if not that they give you an alternative: Santa Cruz was ok, but we were unprepared and ended up just wandering around the town, probably should have taken an NCL trip!

Have a good trip!

Just back...We had a great time. Enjoyed the walk in Santa Cruz after a busy day in Madiera.

Had a very rough transatlantic crossing a couple of years ago so I don't think anything could ever be as bad!

Would be good to dock somewhere and not just keep sailing

Why do they pic lanzarote if the chances are 50/50 of getting in there?

I actually prefer Lanzarote to Tenerife. Costa Teguise which is only 10 minutes drive from the port is a lovely resort and if you have time Playa Blanca in the south has been one of my favourite land holidays. Very blue seas and white sands, lovely!!!!!

Morocco was t shirt weather in the afternoon. But early morning and when the sun goes in it was cold. We had heavy rain in Casablanca needed a waterproof.

Only part of the 3rd sea day felt warm. We took too many t shirts that were not worn. Sweaters are more useful.

Malaga was Blue skies but got very cold. We went to Grenada where you really needed to wrap up. A hot chocolate was very welcome at lunch.

Some people did use the hot tubs but not many. Anywhere not sheltered from the wind while at sea needs warm clothing.

We had fleece jackets and they were used almost every day at some point.

Edited by helpthejuggler

Agreed, not t-shirts or sunbathing weather: though we did hot tub every day, tho a few times it wasn't that enjoyable because of the cold wind.

In Malaga town in the day it was 24c in the sun for a few hours. Madeira was cold in the hills. Santa Cruz was also quite nice, and once the rain stopped casablanca was ok. Cardigans, hoodies, light rain jackets, and trousers or leggings would be useful.

NCL were quick to arrange other trips (including touring, mount teide, loro parque), but like Helpthejuggler we were glad of a rest after Maderia. I think we would have been annoyed if no replacement had been offered: 3 sea days in 9 was enough for us.