Help with tendering?????

chellencrette

Hello everybody. I have been reading about the tendering process to Grand Cayman and Belize and am getting a little nervous. I have excursions booked through independent tour companies, so how do I go about getting on the quickest tender possible. I read somewhere that if your not booked with Carnival, you have to get a tender sticker or wait for open tendering which could be 2-3 hours after you anchor!! How do I get the tender tickets to ensure that I'm not late for my tours?

Oh, one more question, is GC an hour behind ship time? Thanks for your help!!:)

Hello everybody. I have been reading about the tendering process to Grand Cayman and Belize and am getting a little nervous. I have excursions booked through independent tour companies, so how do I go about getting on the quickest tender possible. I read somewhere that if your not booked with Carnival, you have to get a tender sticker or wait for open tendering which could be 2-3 hours after you anchor!! How do I get the tender tickets to ensure that I'm not late for my tours?

Oh, one more question, is GC an hour behind ship time? Thanks for your help!!:)

As for ship time vs. island time, it depends on what ship you are on. GC doesn't observe daylight savings, so right now, it's the same time in GC as it is where I live (in Kansas). Come October, GC time will be the same as the east coast.

We were on the Triumph, and ship time and island time were the same in January. It also depends on what port you come out of. Some ships change their clocks, others tell you to stay on ship time. The best things possible, is to find someone who has sailed on the same ship as you have.

As for the tendering ticket...we purchased an island tour package from Carnival so we could be the first off, but it wasn't necessary. We met in the Rome lounge and off we went with a crew member who led us to the tender. No one ever asked us to show our island tour tickets...they just loaded us on the tender. They will tell you to go to the big lounge (can't think of the name of it on the Triumph), where they will pass out tickets. I know several of the people on the tender with us just bypassed that altoghther.

I suppose you could get to the tender and they could send you back if you aren't on a Carnival tour. They will try and get the ones off first who booked with Carnival. I'd probably go directly to the tender area, and just get on. I'f they said anything, I'd tell them I have a reservation and need to get off.

I've never been to Belize, so I don't know what they do there.

Have fun! :)

Archived