Dream inside with a walkway view ?

fishtaco

Stayed in 7204 on the Dream last July. Will definitely feel the motion but when in rough seas you will also hear the waves hitting the ship. Can be loud depending on the seas. Loved the cabin and basically had the outside deck to ourselves. Here is the view out of the window.

SD533572_zps5102d2ee.jpg

SD533767_zpsf86aae14.jpg

C2_zpsaf2a030f.jpg

My family had a similar room on a different ship and loved it.

Price of an inside, but with a window.

In the evening the room steward came by to ask us to close the curtains. Said it interfered with the navigation or something.

Didn't have issues with motion, but they said 1 morning the anchor was very loud.

There is a sign at the window that the curtains "must" be kept closed at night due to navigation purposes. Steward said it has something to do with the cabin's lights shining out the window interferes with the bridge observations at night. When we would turn out the lights for the night and go to bed we would open the curtain about 6 inches so that we could see the sun light in the morning and they never said anything.

There is a sign at the window that the curtains "must" be kept closed at night due to navigation purposes. Steward said it has something to do with the cabin's lights shining out the window interferes with the bridge observations at night. When we would turn out the lights for the night and go to bed we would open the curtain about 6 inches so that we could see the sun light in the morning and they never said anything.

Thanks for the great pics:)

Is there an access door far forward close to the cabins to the outside decks?

Thanks again

Thanks for the great pics:)

Is there an access door far forward close to the cabins to the outside decks?

Thanks again

Yes. Going to the front of the ship in the long hallways, those cabins are straight ahead. You can turn left or right and there is a door with a port hole in it at the end of the small hallway. Go through that door and close it. Then there is another door about three or four feet ahead. Go through that and you are outside. If you don't close the first door, there is a huge suction.

Yes. Going to the front of the ship in the long hallways, those cabins are straight ahead. You can turn left or right and there is a door with a port hole in it at the end of the small hallway. Go through that door and close it. Then there is another door about three or four feet ahead. Go through that and you are outside. If you don't close the first door, there is a huge suction.

Here is the pic of the deck. The windows are the cabins and the brown door is the entrance to the deck. There is a door on each end.

SD533688_zpsc4fd6f0a.jpg

Hey fishtaco...........my 5 year smoke free anniversary will be December 10, 2008 at noon. DH and I did a 49 day repo from LA around the Horn of South America to NYC., with the saved money. It was amazing!! We are currently saving for a South Pacific repo to your wonderful country in a few years!!

Congrats to you!!:)

Stayed in 7204 on the Dream last July. Will definitely feel the motion but when in rough seas you will also hear the waves hitting the ship. Can be loud depending on the seas. Loved the cabin and basically had the outside deck to ourselves. Here is the view out of the window.

We chose deck 7 because it was underneath the bridge. Didn't have to worry about noisy people stomping their feet on the floor. :)

we have that cabin on the Freedom this coming July. can you really hear the waves that high up? and we picked it for the same reason. under the bridge. the officers cant be that noisy right?

of the Conquest on a 4J, Deck 6, right above the show lounge. Didn't hear a peep from the shows. It was our first time in a 4J, we typically choose a more Aft balcony cabin, but saved the $ and went on a 4J. We loved it but we did experience some real rough seas the first couple days, but did not hear the waves hitting the ship. We did hear what sounded like the anchor hitting a wall for the first 2 days because of it being so rough. The rockiness does not bother me or my husband so it was not an issue, but if you have a sensitive stomach, I may suggest staying away. Walking from aft to our cabin you can definitely feel the difference. With that being said, we did absolutely love it because there was virtually no foot traffic and no noise.

As far as the double paned window, during the day a person walking by cannot see, unless they go up to the window. We closed the sheer curtain and it does blur the view of some peeping toms. At night, we closed the curtains because it says the lights will obstruct the navigation. Although, we didn't have any peeping toms. The crew will lock the exterior doors in rough winds/seas. Ours was closed for 2 days.

Yes you can hear the waves hitting the ship, but only during moderate to rough seas. Only heard it 3 of the 7 days we were cruising. Never heard anything from the bridge.

I don't expect to have any rough weather on our cruise so I should be okay :D

that's so cool!, are these room types on all ship classes? and how would I know when purchasing one that i am getting one that's actually an interior with window?

They are called an Interior with a walkway view or an interior with a picture window.

They cost around $9 pp per day extra on a standard upper/lower interior but cheaper than an outside.

of the Conquest on a 4J, Deck 6, right above the show lounge. Didn't hear a peep from the shows. It was our first time in a 4J, we typically choose a more Aft balcony cabin, but saved the $ and went on a 4J. We loved it but we did experience some real rough seas the first couple days, but did not hear the waves hitting the ship. We did hear what sounded like the anchor hitting a wall for the first 2 days because of it being so rough. The rockiness does not bother me or my husband so it was not an issue, but if you have a sensitive stomach, I may suggest staying away. Walking from aft to our cabin you can definitely feel the difference. With that being said, we did absolutely love it because there was virtually no foot traffic and no noise.

As far as the double paned window, during the day a person walking by cannot see, unless they go up to the window. We closed the sheer curtain and it does blur the view of some peeping toms. At night, we closed the curtains because it says the lights will obstruct the navigation. Although, we didn't have any peeping toms. The crew will lock the exterior doors in rough winds/seas. Ours was closed for 2 days.

We usually have Aft,s as well.

If the motion affects me far forward then I will just go and sleep Aft somwhere:)

We did 4J on Carnival Freedom. We were on deck 6, and I didn't think it was noisy at all...EXCEPT when the ship docked. Then we clearly heard the anchor or some kind of rope being lowered. However, the rest of the time the room was perfect for us.

The price was great, we would book it again in a heartbeat. It's nice to have an ocean view, but at an insiders price.

Thank you for posting the pictures. We are doing a 4J on Liberty in February and are really excited. We normally do an oceanview aft but decided to do something different. One of our friends in our group changed theirs to a oceanview aft . Can't wait to be in this room. They are a little cheaper and we are really excited about this room.

Here is the pic of the deck. The windows are the cabins and the brown door is the entrance to the deck. There is a door on each end.

SD533688_zpsc4fd6f0a.jpg

This was a great place to pop a bottle of wine and enjoy the ocean night.