Carry on Drinks What do u put them in

dramaqueenjan

So I have only cruised 1 time and we bought the carry 12x12x12 collapsible cooler and carried on our sodas however it was heavy and awkward to lug around and had our other bag as well ..Can you use one on wheels ? or just put it in a back pack and transfer it to your cooler once in room ?

I have never been much of a fan of traveling coolers cause I find them awkward and really just another thing to lug around. We just take a wheeled duffle that we use to carry all of our drinks and also misc. stuff we cant fit into our other carry ons. This year I wanted to try to just bring one of those small collapsible coolers ( that holds a couple of 6 cans or so) and just add ice to it and leave the top open so we can chill whatever is needed without taking a lot of baggage space. I would think a backpack would also be very cumbersome.

I plan to take mine on in the 12 pack containers and just use a bungy cord to attach them to the top of my rolling suitcase. I have a small cooler that I intend to pack in my suitcase for use in the room. The one I have is just slightly taller than the 12" and has a hard plastic liner that won't leak.

I bring a extra tote bag. Pop the soda in there. As soon as I board, I find a spot to drop off the tote with soda. Under a beach chair, etc. If it disappears, no big deal.

Well, used to do that. Now I'm platinum, so just go straight to cabin and drop off.

For the wife, daughter and I, our carry-on beverages usually are: 2 bottles of wine (both for me) and a 12 pack of ginger ale. The three of us have small roller suitcases, the ones that fit in a planes overhead. We each have 1 of these and the wife and I larger beach/grocery bags with paperwork and books, while my daughter has her school book bag. There for all of us have 2 pieces that we never need to check at airports or with porters. We NEVER let any of our luggage out of our site.

The wine goes in my bag, riding on my roller, wives bag is on her roller and my daughter wears her backpack and carries the 12 pack "on" her roller. This works well for our 7 day cruises ( we don't bring any formal).

Once on board, I sit with all the luggage , pop open one of my wines in a lounge watching a football game while the wife and daughter explore the ship until we can get to our rooms or the game ends :)

We avoid the zany rush Lido lunch by hitting a brunch on the way to the port.

Thank you for the replies ..I think I will try a rolling suitcase or back pack and take the collapsible cooler in my luggage to have chilled drinks ..:)

I carry my portable cooler in my luggage as well. If it is not the perfect size, the port authorities might not allow you to carry it on. A spare rolling suitcase is great, if you can drive to port.

The rules say that they must be carried on. If you try to check them, they may tell you no or they might not give them to you until the end of the cruise. Some people may get away with slapping a luggage tag onto them and checking them, but I highly recommend against even trying that. They could just decide to not allow any carry-on sodas at all if too many people start breaking the rules.

For me, I put my sodas in the front pocket of my medium sized rolling suitcase, the one that's too large for airplane carry-ons. You can use larger suitcases for cruise carry-ons. I put 12 loose cans of various flavors into the front pocket. They can easily be checked by security if they want, and the suitcase can easily be wheeled around. So with 2 fingers & practically zero physical effort, I can "lug" my soda around all day if need be. Couldn't be easier.

The rules say that they must be carried on. If you try to check them, they may tell you no or they might not give them to you until the end of the cruise. Some people may get away with slapping a luggage tag onto them and checking them, but I highly recommend against even trying that. They could just decide to not allow any carry-on sodas at all if too many people start breaking the rules.

For me, I put my sodas in the front pocket of my medium sized rolling suitcase, the one that's too large for airplane carry-ons. You can use larger suitcases for cruise carry-ons. I put 12 loose cans of various flavors into the front pocket. They can easily be checked by security if they want, and the suitcase can easily be wheeled around. So with 2 fingers & practically zero physical effort, I can "lug" my soda around all day if need be. Couldn't be easier.

The slapping a tag on soda to be delivered should not be allowed, that is taking advantage of the crew and shows laziness and selfishness. Their job is hard enough just delivering the mountains of over packed suitcases.

The slapping a tag on soda to be delivered should not be allowed, that is taking advantage of the crew and shows laziness and selfishness. Their job is hard enough just delivering the mountains of over packed suitcases.

It used to be done this way. The rule change wasn't to stop staff from having to deliver so many bags with soda but to charge for liquor and sodas as you can only bring 12.

Remember the infamous pic of the guy with a suitcase filled to the brim with Budweiser?

If checked, you risk it being confiscated.