Chankanaab Park or Paradise Beach??

Olwyn

We are going to do a beach day in Cozumel, with my 20 month old neice, and have heard so many good things about both these spots.

Just wondering though, if there is easy access to a sandy beach from either of these locations...and which would be best for a small girl who likes to dig and wade??:confused:

Can you ask a cab to take you from the Pier, or do you have to arrange in advance?

Does anyone know what the approximate charge will be for the day at these places?

Thanks so much...and Happy Cruising!:)

Olwyn

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend Paradise Beach. Went last year with about 10 kids. They absolutely loved it. The beach entrance is free and is about a 10-15 ride I think from the pier and I think again around $10, sorry not 100% sure as it was a year ago. Your neice would love the sand and you can rent lounge chairs and umbrellas and they also have pretty good food here. Good luck!

The better beach is Paradise. Free admission, free chairs and umbrellas. $8 charge for use of toys.

Think is is $12pp at Chankanaab. Less, if not free, for 20 month old. Lots of stuff there including dolphin swims etc., but 20 months is too young for much of it. Beach is man made (trucked in sand).

No shortage of taxis in Cozumel - they will be lined up at the cruise ship piers and at both Paradise Beach and Chankanaab.

Here are some sample taxi fares - verify the price with taxi driver before you get in.

I also recommend Paradise Beach. It's a great beach for all age ranges and there is plenty to do there. The cab ride is short and relatively inexpensive and I'm sure the little one will really enjoy it!!

Have fun!!

Archived