Outdoor bar on Carnival Spirit

Hi there

I am wanting to organise for our group to meet up for sailaway drinks on Carnival Spirit this Thursday. It would be lovely to sit outside and watch the view as we cruise up Sydney harbour.

However, we are a group of four mums and four 17 year old daughters. I can see that the whole Serenity area is off-limits to under 18s. Am I correct in assuming we won't be able to use the serenity bar?

Can anyone recommend another outdoor bar, because I can't find one on the deck plans.

If there are no other outdoor bars, do you think it might be possible to bring the girls in anyway? Two of them are mere weeks from their 18th birthdays, and the youngest is six months from her 18th. They would not be drinking alcohol.

Failing all that, can someone suggest another spot? Either an indoor bar with a great views, or a nice spot on deck to carry our drinks out to?

Edited by SamfromOz

You are correct. Serenity is for over 18's only. There is a main pool bar on lido deck. Heaps of chairs, tables and deck chairs around. At sail away they also normally have several smaller "pop up" bars on lido deck serving cocktails and mocktails in souvenir cups. There will be a DJ playing as well. Not sure why the pool bar is not shown on the deck plans, it is kind of the main bar during the day???

If they look close enough to 18 I can't see you having any problems sitting at the serenity bar really. I think the whole 18+ for serenity is mainly to keep the peace and serenity in the area and well behaved 17 year olds wouldn't be questioned!

Not 100% but I don't think they would be as strict on 18+ here as say the nightclub.

Hi there

I am wanting to organise for our group to meet up for sailaway drinks on Carnival Spirit this Thursday. It would be lovely to sit outside and watch the view as we cruise up Sydney harbour.

However, we are a group of four mums and four 17 year old daughters. I can see that the whole Serenity area is off-limits to under 18s. Am I correct in assuming we won't be able to use the serenity bar?

Can anyone recommend another outdoor bar, because I can't find one on the deck plans.

If there are no other outdoor bars, do you think it might be possible to bring the girls in anyway? Two of them are mere weeks from their 18th birthdays, and the youngest is six months from her 18th. They would not be drinking alcohol.

Failing all that, can someone suggest another spot? Either an indoor bar with a great views, or a nice spot on deck to carry our drinks out to?

Canopy Bar is on Lido deck between the 2 pools.

I am sure Serenity would allow your 17 girls in. I don't recall ever seeing anyone checking who was going in and its not like they are 12.