Carnival Freedom - Cruise Virgin

MissMermaid1980

Hi everyone!

I'm sailing on my first-ever cruise (December 5th), and going solo (my gf had to cancel).

How will dining room seating work for me?

Do I have to find a dining buddy or will I be assigned to a table that has room?

Sign up for either early or late dining and they will put you at a table with other solo cruisers.

Sailed solo a couple of times. I would contact the Maitre'd and ask to be put with other single cruisers. If I didn't like the group, I liked all of them, I would ask the Maitre'd to change my table.

Hey there,

I've sailed solo a couple of times, and my best advice to you is to check your daily program on the first day or two to see if there are activities or meet-ups for solos. I went to a solos lunch the first time I sailed alone, and the people I met were largely responsible for the great time I had onboard. I'm a bit shy myself, but it was one of the best things I did on that sailing.

Regarding dining, I was assigned to a table for four, and I was the only one who ever showed up. It was extremely awkward dining alone for the first two nights, but I ended up inviting my new solo friends to eat with me from the third night onward, which solved the problem.

I compiled a few things I learned from the experience here (http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1228) if you're interested.

Have a great time!

Hi everyone!

I'm sailing on my first-ever cruise (December 5th), and going solo (my gf had to cancel).

How will dining room seating work for me?

Do I have to find a dining buddy or will I be assigned to a table that has room?

We are also on The Freedom Dec 5th and we have cruised a lot. If I were you I would go to the Matre'D desk when they tell you it is open and ask to make sure I was at a table with others. A couple years ago the two of us shared a large 8 tops with others one of which was a young lady from GA. who was traveling alone. She was outgoing and talked to people and within days she knew a load of people. When folks learned she was solo and first time they all wanted to be part of her day. Poor girl probably had trouble finding alone time. Relax, you will have a ball.