Paying for Extra & Specialty Dining

PixieLegal

Actually, so far that has been my experience in a nut shell. We do not like to waste time in a dining venue. Our staff have always read us very well and didn't waste time between courses. And yet tables around us that appeared to be enjoying their relaxed dining experience had more time between their courses. Same wait staff.

There was only one time that our staff did not read us well, and we requested less time between courses, they seem more than happy to oblige.

I can't speak for all servers on all sailings, only the ones we've experienced.

I have been in and out of any one of the dining rooms on NCL within an hour to make it to something scheduled and have also enjoyed a 2-3 hour dining experience. It just takes a request, or not, to the servers as to your wishes.

But, I guess personal experiences do not matter to a certain negatively opinionated individual, without justification once again.

We've never had a problem with the MDR's but do enjoy a night or two in a specialty restaurant - especially on the longer cruises. I too miss the old TexMex type venue as it was one of our favorites also.

As to the meatloaf question. Yes they do have it. I've run into it at lunch at both the buffet and MDR. Very good too. I've never seen it at dinner in the MDR and don't know about the dinner buffet because we've never been there at that time on any of our cruises.

Wish I could help this thread but we just got off the dawn and never ate once in the mdr or buffet. Did all specialties and one in suite dining.

My kids did eat some at the kids cafe and had one kids club breakfast at the mdr and they seemed to like it ok. The only observations I saw were lines for both mdrs at peak times for dinner.

Also the following comments were overheard. "Its always the same they just change 2 or 3 things." Which isnt quite true its 4 entrees and 3 appetizers and a chefs special. But the every day menu stays the same.

Also, "want to eat at 6? Its been taking 2 hours!" Probably wanting to catch the 6:30 show.

Take this info for whatever its worth.

all cruise lines we have done recently seemed to have moved to the always available stapels

steak,chicken,salmon,vegi...

with a daily change of the rest, often including another steak,chicken,fish

just got off Celebrity just the same.

Huh?

We sailed Thanksgiving week, first time on NCL. We loved the freestyle dining and chose to eat at the specialty restaurants 3 times. I did not feel like I was being nickle and dimed. In the MDR we had one forgettable meal (I was warned baot the steak and ordered it anyway) and we had one very good meal. You could avoid upcharges if you want, its a personal choice, but the food in the MDR will not chase tou to the specialty retaurants.