Is alcohol package "worth" it?

krmlaw

Looking at premium that includes frozen alcohol too ...

Is there a limit on how many drink you can get a day? During a time period?

I don't even know how much drinks cost on ships anymore ...

I got the Premium Package and drank pretty much whatever I wanted. I loved frozen mojitos made with Grey Goose.

* The Premium Package worked great for me and I love that they added bottled water (I drink a lot of water). When getting off the ship at a port, stop by a bar on the way out and pick up a bottled water to carry with you. I definitely got my money's worth with the package. I even used it for all my drinks/wine/water in Chops and Izumi.

*** The biggest problem I had was that I felt like an RCCL trainer for the new packages. Often times I was told that something wasn't included in the package, but my research ahead of time made me somewhat of an expert. I got several thank you's from the bar managers on the ship and on Labadee (it was being run by the other ship that was also in port) for helping them get up to date with the new enhancements. It looked like RCCL sent out new envelopes with all the information, but no actual training of the new packages was done. I had to ask for the special soda cup (Just wanted it for as a souvenir) and my ship only had the big bottles of water until the last port. Therefore, I asked the to give me big bottles until the smaller ones were made available.

**** I'm guessing it will be several weeks before everyone is up to speed on the new packages. Until then, I HIGHLY recommend using these boards to find out everything about them. Be ready to ask for a manager if you are told something is not included and you believe it is. I did NOT pay for ANYTHING extra for any drink the 10 day cruise I was just on (I didn't hear of anyone paying the extra few cents or so for the drinks that were slightly above $10).

***** I always tip extra when paying for drinks. Therefore, I just brought a bunch of $1 bills with me this time. Easy way to count drinks/water if you give a $1 each time. The extra tipping also gets me EXTRA special attention with service. Something for everyone to consider. CASH is king with tips on ship. Apparently, RCCL pools a lot of the tips now (that are added to slips or included in the packages). Fortunately, they are able to keep the entire amount of cash tips.

I think it was some of the beers & wines, but I don't know which ones..

They said some were priced just $.25 above the limit..

Hi, my reading of the new package is you can just pay the difference between the limit per drink of your package and the actual drink price.

Had the old one and looking forward to what look like significant improvements (particularly the wine by the glass for us).

HTH

Paul

Hi, my reading of the new package is you can just pay the difference between the limit per drink of your package and the actual drink price.

Had the old one and looking forward to what look like significant improvements (particularly the wine by the glass for us).

HTH

Paul

I really enjoyed the wine by the glass "enhancement". Different wine selections at different bars. I ended up trying several wines that I wouldn't have if buying by the bottle. Really enjoyed the beverage package last week over the wine package that I did in January.

I'm definitely getting the premium package on our next cruise. Hubby and I managed to spend about $1500 on drinks on our honeymoon cruise (8 night) and then a little less than that on our next cruise after that (we had the kids along! )

For us the package is worth it! :D

I really enjoyed the wine by the glass "enhancement". Different wine selections at different bars. I ended up trying several wines that I wouldn't have if buying by the bottle. Really enjoyed the beverage package last week over the wine package that I did in January.

Bang on! That's exactly what we're looking forward to.

The last package was so restrictive as far as wine was concerned!

It's more or less all we drink and, while we got great value from the package in October by compromising with lots of other drinks (which were fantastic) we're really looking forward to enjoying some nice wine by the glass under the new arrangements.

P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got the Premium Package and drank pretty much whatever I wanted. I loved frozen mojitos made with Grey Goose.

* The Premium Package worked great for me and I love that they added bottled water (I drink a lot of water). When getting off the ship at a port, stop by a bar on the way out and pick up a bottled water to carry with you. I definitely got my money's worth with the package. I even used it for all my drinks/wine/water in Chops and Izumi.

*** The biggest problem I had was that I felt like an RCCL trainer for the new packages. Often times I was told that something wasn't included in the package, but my research ahead of time made me somewhat of an expert. I got several thank you's from the bar managers on the ship and on Labadee (it was being run by the other ship that was also in port) for helping them get up to date with the new enhancements. It looked like RCCL sent out new envelopes with all the information, but no actual training of the new packages was done. I had to ask for the special soda cup (Just wanted it for as a souvenir) and my ship only had the big bottles of water until the last port. Therefore, I asked the to give me big bottles until the smaller ones were made available.

**** I'm guessing it will be several weeks before everyone is up to speed on the new packages. Until then, I HIGHLY recommend using these boards to find out everything about them. Be ready to ask for a manager if you are told something is not included and you believe it is. I did NOT pay for ANYTHING extra for any drink the 10 day cruise I was just on (I didn't hear of anyone paying the extra few cents or so for the drinks that were slightly above $10).

***** I always tip extra when paying for drinks. Therefore, I just brought a bunch of $1 bills with me this time. Easy way to count drinks/water if you give a $1 each time. The extra tipping also gets me EXTRA special attention with service. Something for everyone to consider. CASH is king with tips on ship. Apparently, RCCL pools a lot of the tips now (that are added to slips or included in the packages). Fortunately, they are able to keep the entire amount of cash tips.

You got the Premium Package and not the Ultimate Package? That deal sounds perfect and is $10 per day cheaper. I have not sailed since they changed the packages but I was very happy with it in Feb.