1st timer with Celebrity-Booking Procedure Downunder???

portcbob

Hi fellow Celebrity Cruisers.

Have been researching our first cruise with Celebrity. We are interested in the Silhouette for a Med Cruise in 2015.

Looking at the 123 Promo which at this point in time doesn't extend to May/June, 2015 when we want to sail.

Our question is.... If in the meantime we get a great price with the 123 Promo included and we decide to book. In Australia we normally pay a deposit then pay the balance ( finals ) about 90 days out from the cruise. If we decide on a cabin and book the cruise and pay the deposit after deciding the cruise price, what happens if the price of the cruise increases PRIOR to final payment. Are you locked in on the original price or do you have to pay for the increase???? and visa versa if the price DROPS.

If you book in the UNITED STATES would this be the same?????

Thankyou very much if anyone can help.

PS. We have just read some horror stories about price increases.

Cheers Bob & Christine.:):):)

Once you are booked you are locked into the price. We have previously been able to claim a lower price by contacting rccl australia in sydney (this is only before final payment). But be aware that if you book a cruise and then a week later a promo is started you will not be eligible to add the promo (despite the fact that US customers can). We battled with our travel agent and Celebrity Cruises Australia and they refused to add the 123 promo even though the rest of the world can do so.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

I have booked Celebrity cruises both in the US through an online TA (they also have a toll free number to call) and here in Oz directly with Celebrity. Either way once booked your price will be locked in.

Generally speaking if prices drop they will honour the drop if it is not a special for new bookings only although I have never had a drop honoured here in OZ, they always say 'for new bookings only' - seems to be no problem when booking in the States. My upcoming cruise on Infinity the price has gone way up so it's not an issue.

If shopping around remember when comparing prices to take the exchange rate into consideration if booking OS.

Cheers

Deb

:):)Hi Deb.

Thanks for responding to our questions. Chris and I are also from the Gold Coast and are thinking of contacting a US T/A re our cruise in the Med. I see you mentioned a Toll free number for yours. Any chance we would be able to speak with them also. In the early stages of research at the moment, but hey will book an earlybirds if the price is right.

Cheers Bob.:):)

:):)Hi Deb.

Thanks for responding to our questions. Chris and I are also from the Gold Coast and are thinking of contacting a US T/A re our cruise in the Med. I see you mentioned a Toll free number for yours. Any chance we would be able to speak with them also. In the early stages of research at the moment, but hey will book an earlybirds if the price is right.

Cheers Bob.:):)

Hi Bob

We are not permitted to post agents details on this forum. You can email me at debmm12 at gmail dot com and I can give you a little info.

I am also thinking of Europe for 2015. But then again I still have to do Alaska. Decisions. Decisions.

Cheers

Deb