Beer on board questions..

Hi!

We're sailing our first RCCL (Serenade) over spring break out of San Juan. I just finished reading the thread regarding taking sodas onboard (which pretty much answered my questions about taking beer, LOL!)

How much is beer? (Bud, for example.)

Does RCCL have a 'beer mug?' I know it wouldn't work the same as an unlimited soda card, but wondered if the bartenders would refill it for a certain price?

Thanks for any info you're able to provide.

We were just on the Mariner and beer was 3.95 plus they add the tip, so it is a little over $4.00 for a beer. They didn't do any kind of discount beer/refill that I noticed. The only time I was charged less for a drink was on Labadee Island, I bought the drink of the day in a cool cup and they refilled it cheaper and onboard the last day I bought the drink of the day in a insulated coffee cup and refilled it for less. I dont drink Bud, so I dont know if you can get it in a souvenier cup (paying more) and then refilling for less. We mainly had bottled beer. The price for beer was more reasonable then I expected!! We brought some of our own as well, so that cut down on our bar tab!! Have fun!!!:D

When we sailed NCL Dawn last December, Hubby was thrilled to learn they have 2 for 1 drink specials every night after 11pm. He would buy a six pack and get one free and fill our fridge in our balcony unit. However, when we sailed RCCL in March, he was very disappointed that the only beer special was buying a bucket and getting one beer free. I'm sure if your mug is 16 oz that they will be happy to refill it with draft beer on tap.

Ken/Laura,

You were me...many months ago! Here is a link to another site. TONS of information there too! In fact, people have taken pictures and attached them of all the menus for the bars, dining room, and specialty restaurants!

Draft beer appears to be in abundance which is great!

Here is the link below, hope this helps!

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/marineroftheseas.htm

Archived