Porthole room on glory

mnmstaller

I had cabin 2217 on Glory last year. This cabin is a porthole with a twin bed an a couch. I think the port hole cabins are longer because it can fit the bed and couch. The inside cabins could not fit the couch.

The port hole cabins are great. You will enjoy it. :cool:

Edited by JohnSpo

I don't recall the cabin being larger than I expected from an inside cabin. I shared the cabin with my daughter, so beds were well set up. If you are planning to sleep in the same bed, the cabin is not the best choice. The porthole itself is a nice touch. If I were sailing on the Glory again, I would try to book the "inside" cabin with the porthole. Enjoy your cruise.

The porthole cabins are up in the front, as the ship narrows. The hallways zig and zag as they have fewer interior cabins. So the porthole cabins end at different spots. (Not explaining well - try to look at a cruise deck plan.)

The porthole cabin sizes vary. Really a good spacious feel.

Absolutely larger than an interior, easily. I had an inside on Valor also, and my friends had a porthole room on Triumph, which is not a sister ship but very similar to Glory. Their porthole room (2220) was a whole lot more spacious than the interiors. I was in a 1A porthole next door (2216), and more friends in the 1A porthole on our other side (2212). I measured all 3, and each room closer to the front was about 10 sq.ft. smaller (around 1.25 foot in length). The standard interiors like you had on Valor are 30 sq.ft. (or so) smaller than our smallest 1A porthole. So about 50-60 sq.ft. larger to go from interior to a porthole room (category PT with 2 standard beds). Very very noticeable!

Edited by k2excursion

I just wanted to point out that the previous pics are of a category 1A room with portholes. That is not a "Porthole" category room, aka category PT. If you have a category PT, you will have 2 regular beds that can be pushed together if you want. But if you have a 1A with portholes, your room will look like these pics: 1 regular bed plus a sofabed (rooms 1211 & 1212 look like they use an upper bunk instead of a sofabed for the 2nd person).

Side note: not all category 1A rooms have portholes, and not all porthole rooms are category 1A. Category 1A means there is one regular bed. Category PT & all others will have 2 regular beds.

Edited by k2excursion