question about Guarantee cabins X & W

betmust

I have never booked a guarantee cabin but was looking at cruises for March. I notice some are X and some are W. Can anyone explain the difference?

Also, If you book a suite guarantee and there are a lot of JS left do they usually fill all of those first? If there are empty CL and OS do they ever fill those and not JS?

Would they give a cheap upgrade?

Sorry for so many questions, I have no experiences with booking guarantee cabins.

Thanks for any input...

A W is a suite guarantee. That means a JS or better. Theu do give CL and OS staterooms to a W, I think someone reported that just a few days ago here.

An X is a balcony guarantee. I believe on Oasis/Allure, this means an ocean facing balcony minimum. An XN would be a neighborhood balcony, like a Central Park or Boardwalk view.

A W is a suite guarantee. That means a JS or better. Theu do give CL and OS staterooms to a W, I think someone reported that just a few days ago here.

An X is a balcony guarantee. I believe on Oasis/Allure, this means an ocean facing balcony minimum. An XN would be a neighborhood balcony, like a Central Park or Boardwalk view.

Thank you for your reply...