Forgotten Luggage at N.O. Terminal

NOLA MOM

Leaving off the Sunshine in New Orleans on Sun. 12/1/13 with our family of 6 and 2 in-laws, we didn't count our checked luggage and didn't discover that one bag was not brought home with us! It was a bag carried on, but we decided to leave it outside our door the last night of the cruise since I had 2 additional bags of souvenirs. Yes, it contained all of the cruise photos we purchased, including my Christmas photo cards! It was not sitting with all of our other bags at the terminal when we left.

Not sure why our name & address was not on this bag, but the homemade bright orange duct tape strips around all our luggage handles saved the day!

uza2ebe2.jpg

I called the Port of New Orleans on Monday morning and obtained the phone number of the company that handles "forgotten/lost" luggage: CONCORD SHORE SERVICES - (504) 304-0157.

Thank goodness we live near N.O. and I was able to stop by their office in Metairie, LA (3524 16th Street, Suite D, Metairie‎ LA‎ 70002 - off Severn - behind Lakeside Mall) the following morning. I described my luggage over the phone & several items in the bag, and Shannon put my name on the bag. Although Shannon said their office hours were 8:30-4, I did wait 10 minutes for a man to open the office. They were very helpful & professional, and after producing my Drivers License & signing a form, I was on my way!

I learned several things from this experience:

1. Put Name/Address/Phone Numbers on inside & outside of all checked & carryon bags - the plastic Carnival tag w/ our room number was no longer on the bag & our blue Zone number tag was missing as well;

2. Make sure the same bright tags are on all luggage;

3. Keep an accurate count of all checked & carryon bags; and

4. Make sure all bags are accounted for BEFORE you drive away from the cruise terminal!

I'm glad this story turned out the way it did!

Leaving off the Sunshine in New Orleans on Sun. 12/1/13 with our family of 6 and 2 in-laws, we didn't count our checked luggage and didn't discover that one bag was not brought home with us! It was a bag carried on, but we decided to leave it outside our door the last night of the cruise since I had 2 additional bags of souvenirs. Yes, it contained all of the cruise photos we purchased, including my Christmas photo cards! It was not sitting with all of our other bags at the terminal when we left.

Not sure why our name & address was not on this bag, but the homemade bright orange duct tape strips around all our luggage handles saved the day!

uza2ebe2.jpg

I called the Port of New Orleans on Monday morning and obtained the phone number of the company that handles "forgotten/lost" luggage: CONCORD SHORE SERVICES - (504) 304-0157.

Thank goodness we live near N.O. and I was able to stop by their office in Metairie, LA (3524 16th Street, Suite D, Metairie‎ LA‎ 70002 - off Severn - behind Lakeside Mall) the following morning. I described my luggage over the phone & several items in the bag, and Shannon put my name on the bag. Although Shannon said their office hours were 8:30-4, I did wait 10 minutes for a man to open the office. They were very helpful & professional, and after producing my Drivers License & signing a form, I was on my way!

I learned several things from this experience:

1. Put Name/Address/Phone Numbers on inside & outside of all checked & carryon bags - the plastic Carnival tag w/ our room number was no longer on the bag & our blue Zone number tag was missing as well;

2. Make sure the same bright tags are on all luggage;

3. Keep an accurate count of all checked & carryon bags; and

4. Make sure all bags are accounted for BEFORE you drive away from the cruise terminal!

I'm glad this story turned out the way it did!

This happened to my husband and I a few years back, but because we live over an hour away, we opted to have the bag delivered........$78.00 later, it arrived safe and sound........BIG lesson learned!!!!!!!!!!!!!