Back to celebrity: Reflection ???'s

malony33

Hi, All!

I am interested in booking a cruise on the Reflection, balcony or better. I need your experience and knowledge.

First, please give your opinion of the ship in general.

Then, any specifics you want to address: dining, cabins, cost, pools, whatever.

Also, what's an area where the balcony cabins are that you'd avoid? that you suggest?

And, did you enjoy cruising on her? Why or why not?

Many thanks, fellow cruise critics!

Barbara

You will enjoy the Reflection. I would suggest a balcony on the 8th, 9th or 10th floor. Stay away from Aqua Class on the Reflection as we found the service and food not on par with the other ships and not worth the price premium. Use the savings to book a specialty restaurant or two. The staff is top notch and they have made a number of improvements to improve the flow to the S-class. The food was outstanding with the exception of the ice cream which was icy and the bland pizza. Entertainment was excellent, especially the party band. Not much room on the dance floor though.

You will enjoy the Reflection. I would suggest a balcony on the 8th, 9th or 10th floor. Stay away from Aqua Class on the Reflection as we found the service and food not on par with the other ships and not worth the price premium. Use the savings to book a specialty restaurant or two. The staff is top notch and they have made a number of improvements to improve the flow to the S-class. The food was outstanding with the exception of the ice cream which was icy and the bland pizza. Entertainment was excellent, especially the party band. Not much room on the dance floor though.

LOL, just goes to show that opinions can vary. We've been in Aqua twice on Reflection and thought the food in Blu + overall cabin and restaurant service was outstanding. However, we only book in Aqua if the price differential is a couple of hundred difference from veranda cost. I agree that eating at Blu is not the same as eating in a specialty restaurant. At one point X was offering a specialty dining package for Reflection. I would consider that option with a standard veranda if the option is available.

We cruised on the Reflection March and will be back on again in March of next year. She is a beautiful ship and the crew was outstanding. We had no complaints. I have photos of the Reflection in my link below.

Reflection is stunning...and you are quite the photographer! thanks for sharing.

LOL, just goes to show that opinions can vary. We've been in Aqua twice on Reflection and thought the food in Blu + overall cabin and restaurant service was outstanding. However, we only book in Aqua if the price differential is a couple of hundred difference from veranda cost. I agree that eating at Blu is not the same as eating in a specialty restaurant. At one point X was offering a specialty dining package for Reflection. I would consider that option with a standard veranda if the option is available.

I do agree that the price differential is important in making decisions. We just thought that for the amount we paid to cruise Aqua on Reflection, it was not worth it with how crowded it was. However, when we boarded, there were some incredible deals for the specialty restaurants. For Reflection, I would definitely dine in Murano and Tuscan Grill. Real special restaurants. And don't miss the Gelato stand as that is to die for.

Have booked April 5 Reflection. Just sent the link of Reflection photographs to my two travel mates who should get very excited at the prospect of sailing on this ship. She's lovely. Am a bit concerned about crowds though, having only sailed recently on HAL's smaller ships which have suited us very well.

Do all of those tables/lounges get full? How crowded does it get on the open decks on sea days?

I don't think can go too wrong booking a cabin on the Reflection. Myself and others have written plenty of reviews, most of which are positive.

My view, is you spend as much as you can afford on a cabin. If you can afford a suite, go for it. Otherwise, I follow these rules when selecting a cabin.... close, but not too close to the elevators midship. The forward elevators are too far forward for my taste. Second, I like to be located close to half way between the top deck and the MDR/Entertainment decks...that way you can often use the stairs.

As well, I book concierge as it gets you extra loyalty points and better cabin staff (some will say baloney to that)...but that is how I feel. The first time I cruised on the S class, I booked 9302 and loved it. It is important to avoid cabins directly under the Oceanview as I have heard complaints about noise. Their is a cabin critique in the stickies that could help you as well.

Have a great cruise!

Have booked April 5 Reflection. Just sent the link of Reflection photographs to my two travel mates who should get very excited at the prospect of sailing on this ship. She's lovely. Am a bit concerned about crowds though, having only sailed recently on HAL's smaller ships which have suited us very well.

Do all of those tables/lounges get full? How crowded does it get on the open decks on sea days?

I guess everyone is different but we had no issues with crowds on the Reflection anywhere on the ship. Of course during sea days we spend time on our balcony relaxing in place of the pool areas. Never had a problem with crowds in the lounges. Our two favorites were the Martini Bar and the Molecular bar.:)

Hi, All!

I am interested in booking a cruise on the Reflection, balcony or better. I need your experience and knowledge.

First, please give your opinion of the ship in general.

Then, any specifics you want to address: dining, cabins, cost, pools, whatever.

Also, what's an area where the balcony cabins are that you'd avoid? that you suggest?

And, did you enjoy cruising on her? Why or why not?

Many thanks, fellow cruise critics!

Barbara

Here's a letter I was compelled to write after getting off the Reflection westbound transatlantic last month. This should answer all of your questions, except for the cabin location question. Higher category veranda cabins usually means better location.

My name is Shaun ******** and my wife Melonee and I just got home from the westbound transatlantic sailing from Rome on the Reflection. I've never wrote an email like this before, but after many Celebrity cruises I felt compelled to voice my strong feelings about this cruise. I know many people only write with complaints, so this email will be different!

First let me say even though this itinerary had only three ports, it was an absolutely great sailing! The ship is wonderful, the food was superb and the service was even better. Actually, the service is why I'm writing you.

We dined in Blu every night except one. That night we ate at the Lawn Club Grill. In Blu we had Anna ********, our waiter, Diana ********, our asst. waiter, Roxana ******, the restaurant manager and Tomas ***** was our head maitre 'd. These four Celebrity employees made our table of six an absolute joy to dine at! The three young girls were as sweet as a daughters to us. And Tomas did his best to have our table available every night around 8pm. We actually looked forward to dinner each night so we could interact with all of them. One fine bunch of employees!

Another stand out was Jesse *****. He worked at The Porch where we had lunch numerous times and at the Lawn Club Grill as well. This young man is one of the finest Celebrity employees I've ever encountered. His smile and attitude is infectious. He was leaving the ship upon arriving in Miami and was going home to the Philippines for vacation. I hope he returns for another contract. He's definitely a great asset to Celebrity and I look forward to seeing him aboard another ship in the future.

Being Founder Elite Plus Captain's Club members we were in the Sky Lounge each evening for Happy Hour. Nigel *****, one of the bartenders, is the BEST bartender we have ever encountered on a cruise ship. After the first night, he knew everyone's name and what they drank! Amazing! If we saw him at another bar during the day, he always addressed us buy our first names and knew what we drank. He is a great asset to the bar staff.

The head maitre 'd of Qsine, Marcel ********, is another stand out. I've known him for over 10 years. We have had him on at least 3 of our sailings and I was so happy and surprised when we bumped into each other outside the Oceanview Cafe. His wit and personality is exactly what I have come to expect from Celebrity.

Let's be honest, life is never perfect and cruising is never perfect as well. But our experiences on Celebrity are as close to perfect as one can get. Usually if we have an unpleasant experience it's because of other passengers. You just cannot make some people happy.

In closing I will say we were not looking forward to the vouchers for the Elite Happy Hour, but after having them for 15 days, my wife & I and all of our friends that were traveling with us love them. We started off in the Sky Lounge and after an hour we headed out to the Sunset Bar. Great memories.

Thank you for listening to me and we are already planning our three week trip for next years transatlantic on the Silhouette, Rome to Ft. Lauderdale.

Edited by SHill64

We cruised on the Reflection March and will be back on again in March of next year. She is a beautiful ship and the crew was outstanding. We had no complaints. I have photos of the Reflection in my link below.

Amazing pictures!!! thanks for sharing!! We will cruise on the Reflection next summer, same cabin category!! Can't wait. :):)