Flights and luggage

alipali

Having never ever been on multiple flights or airlines what happens to the luggage? We have booked flights with r/c. Newcastle-Heathrow-Miami stop overnight in Miami. Following morning Miami-San Juan.

Return San Juan-New York-Heathrow-Newcastle (no overnight stops)

Flights over with Flybe, American Airlines,American Airlines.

Return with American Airlines, BA, Flybe.

Have been on many one stop flights feel so :o asking the question.

Having never ever been on multiple flights or airlines what happens to the luggage? We have booked flights with r/c. Newcastle-Heathrow-Miami stop overnight in Miami. Following morning Miami-San Juan.

Return San Juan-New York-Heathrow-Newcastle (no overnight stops)

Flights over with Flybe, American Airlines,American Airlines.

Return with American Airlines, BA, Flybe.

Have been on many one stop flights feel so :o asking the question.

You'll have to be cleared by US customs in Miami. Since you are overnight there you'll have to collect your bags anyhow. Leaving the UK your bags will probably checked right thru to Miami . That will depend on wether FlyBe has inter airline baggage transfer in Heathrow.

Hmmm, there seems to be some confusion in the OP's message, which mentions Heathrow and Flybe.

As I recall Flybe are on the Newcastle-Gatwick route, it is BA that fly the Newcastle-Heathrow route.

Not to be a downer but just have to say -- with THAT MANY changes, I would have to strongly suggest a 'contingency plan' -- ie. pack at least 2 days worth of clothes (including some smart casual wear and plenty of 'unmentionables') in your carry-on, in case the absolute worst happens--lost luggage!

My father only had one connecting flight but it was enough to lead to a loss of his luggage and he fortunately had packed tons of clothes into his carry-on... but even then the cruise ship was super helpful and eventually his luggage was reunited with him (on the 4th day of the cruise!).

Best of luck with your travels, but both Miami and San Juan are absolutely beautiful so you will enjoy your destinations for sure!!! (Let alone the cruise itself!)

Yes londongal you are right the family allways smirk when they see how much I stuff into my carry-on. One day I am sure I will have the last laugh. Btw terry2 was right about flybe. I got it wrong we are BA to Heathrow hopefully that will lessen the odds of something going missing.