Trolley in Aruba

travel12

We were recently in Aruba on the Sun. We did not see the trolley but we did secure a tour just outside the port gates for $10 pp.

This was on an open air bus, with the driver acting as the guide (he was informative and very entertaining). The tour lasted approximately 3 hrs and was around the island, including stops at the natural bridge and the lighthouse. At the end of the tour there were options. You could be dropped off at Palm Beach for 1 1/2 hours with pickup and return to the ship afterwards. You could get dropped off at a shopping area (flea market) or you could be returned directly to the port with plenty of shopping and dining nearby.

I have included a picture of the bus we were on.

There were various tours being offered at the port including air conditioned tour buses if that is of interest to you. It appeared to us that the further you moved through and out the port the cheaper the tours got. Some on our bus paid $20 pp, others $15 pp. We did not agree to the tour until outside the port gates and is the likely reason we only paid $10 pp. Regardless of what was paid everyone seemed to enjoy the experience.

Enjoy your cruise and Aruba, as it is beautiful.

Rochelle

1127485268_IMG_4114(640x426).jpg.4acbe6ade2b321163dbf36984535ee3c.jpg

Are you sure you're not thinking of Curacao? There is a trolley there. Was just in Aruba a couple weeks ago and didn't see or hear anything about a trolley there. We did the Jolly Pirates and loved it! Took the bus which is right across the street from the port and only $2.30 per person.

Hi: Yes there is a trolley in Aruba now. It started at the beginning of 2013. I watched a video of it in the internet. A friend who is currently on a Princess Cruise sent me and e mail from Aruba saying that he had taken a ride on it. Must be a well kept secret I am thinking!

Rode Tram in Oct/Nov 2013. It's free, slow, and pleasant but for how loud the brakes/curves are, or were then; hopefully, they've been oiled/repaired/replaced. It travels between the snack shack stop near the Arubus terminal downtown along a shopping street to/near the Renaissance Plaza with frequent stops, and returns along a parallel route. Just tell one of two conductors (front and back) where you want to go. Don't be in a hurry. But, why would you be, in Aruba? Have a great time! BTW--New menu at the Dutch Pankoeke House in Renaissance Plaza. Bon Bini!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk