kids eating in dining room

gointocruiseheaven

Children can choose from the regular menu and I highly recommend you encourage them to do so. My children have been able to try many entrees I would not have ordered them at a restaurant due to the fact if they don't like them, it's $20.00 down the drain. It is a great experience for them.

And the children's menu is the same for every meal--basic kids fare like hot dogs, burgers, chicken tenders, fries, etc. They will probably get tired of it anyway. There are lots of things on the regular menu that kids like or at least would be willing to try.

Janey

Children can also order off of both menus for the same meal. My children will often order a main entree from the adult menu (ie, crab legs, lobster, turkey) but order the fruit dish or soup from the kid's menu. I also have a rule that only applies when cruising: They are encouraged to order from the adult menu but if they don't like their choice after tasting it, they can then order something else from the kid's menu. This has made them more adventureous eaters and it makes it a safe risk for them.

Children can also order off of both menus for the same meal. My children will often order a main entree from the adult menu (ie, crab legs, lobster, turkey) but order the fruit dish or soup from the kid's menu. I also have a rule that only applies when cruising: They are encouraged to order from the adult menu but if they don't like their choice after tasting it, they can then order something else from the kid's menu. This has made them more adventureous eaters and it makes it a safe risk for them.

This sounds like a great idea!! My son now can't wait to order off the menu!!! He just found out about room service this last cruise!!! OMG he had 3 salads one night when we got back to the room!!!

I agree with allowing them to order from both. It's always good to have a backup, but this is your chance to allow them to experiment.

For example, last time we were in a restaurant and I had escargot my 4 y.o. DD wanted to try some. I only got 5 so I was reluctant to share one, but on a cruise ship she can have her own bowl!

I agree with allowing them to order from both. It's always good to have a backup, but this is your chance to allow them to experiment.

For example, last time we were in a restaurant and I had escargot my 4 y.o. DD wanted to try some. I only got 5 so I was reluctant to share one, but on a cruise ship she can have her own bowl!

I agree 100%. A cruise is a great place to try new foods! My 9 y/o loves t experiment though he came off the last few cruises with an expensive taste for lobster :(

Helen - What may I ask is the Mommycruise that you are working on?

Helen - What may I ask is the Mommycruise that you are working on?

It's a website and E-book. I won't really be officially 'launching' it until next year. Essentially it's a book promoting cruising as the perfect *Mom* vacation. Obviously everyone in the family should have a good time (or Mom won't) but I'm focusing on cruises where Mom can enjoy things while everyone else is happy too. It's targeted at new family cruisers.

I do have to say that these boards are a great source of research, but I generally prefer *hands on* experience. :D

Archived