Moby Dick Tours ? ? ?

Sandytoes

Has anyone tried Moby Dick Tours ? ? ?

http://www.mobydicktours.com/html/tour.html

I'm interested in their --Tour #2 Snorkeling near Seven Mile Beach and snorkeling over a sunken wreck.

Two years ago I did the - Stingray City, Barrier Reef, and Coral Garden tour. I ended up with "sea lice" at the Barrier Reef. Not a pleasant experience.

I just want to try something different while in G.C. DH and I love snorkeling. Up for suggestions.

Grand Princess - 2003

Golden Princess - 2004

Caribbean Princess - 2005

We were interested in Tour #2 and had recently contacted Moby Dick Tours. However, they advised that, while they would like to resume that tour, the boat they used for that tour was damaged by the Hurricane so they are only doing the Tour #1 right now.

I suggest that you do email them and tell them that you are interested. Perhaps the more interest that they receive, the more they will be encouraged to get the additional boat and resume the tour.

If they don't resume this tour before your cruise, and you don't want to do the Stingray City combo tour, then you might try either the Captain Marvin's glass bottom boat tour, which goes to some other reefs to snorkel instead of Stingray City (but no wrecks), or the Nautilis tour which is a semi-sub type boat but that has one tour with a snorkeling option. This tour goes to Cheeseburger Reef and there is a wreck area there too. We have done both of these tours and enjoyed them.

If you aren't planning to take a tour but you still want to snorkel, you may want to try Eden's Rock. It is very close to the cruise ship pier, an easy walk. There is very good snorkeling at Eden's Rock, but there really isn't a beach. So if you also wanted to go to the beach, you could snorkel there first and then take a taxi to the 7 Mile Beach.

What on earth is "sea lice"??? It makes my head crawl just thinking of it!! How do you get it and get rid of it??? Now that I have heard of it Me or my kids are sure to get!!!!!:eek: What time of the year was it when it happened?? Now I am tripping out, is this a common thing??? oh lordy help me out here!!

sorry to bring back your bad time???

Sea Lice is caused by the larval from a jelly fish. I was swimming with a t-shirt. As soon as I got out of the water, I felt a bad itch, under my bath suit, on my upper part of my body. I didn't say a word to anyone because of the location. By the end of the day, I had lesions all over my body. The itch was unbearable. It lasted over 3 weeks.

Do not swim with t-shirts. If you can rinse as soon as you get out of the water especially under your bathing suit. Which I should have done.... Lesson learned.

Don't let this stop you from enjoying the beautiful Caribbean waters. It hasn't stopped me.

A product called SeaSafe. You put it on your body before you enter the water. So far it has worked for us. I have never been attacked by the sea lice, but my cousin has and she said it was very unpleasant. So I wanted to be safe than sorry, so I put on this SeaSafe stuff before I go snorkeling.

Archived