just off the Sunshine

nowendy

Thanks for the review, did you see of the "you see them" "you don't see them" buckets? LOL Did you have a chance to go to the liquid lounge and shows,,,,what did you think?

Thanks

The Liquid Lounge to me was a bit awkward. There is limited floor seating and most of the seating is on the sides of the stage. There is a bar at the back of the lounge.

The Playlist shows were Motor City and Epic Rock. By playlist, that means that there is no orchestra. While it was mentioned over and over that the dancers actually were singing, it still appeared that some were lip syncing to the music. The Epic Rock features mostly 80's music, with some 70's worked in. The backgrounds and the graphics in the show were great, but the music is pretty loud for the mostly older group in the audience. The juggler/ comedian that appeared one night was very entertaining.

In the Ocean Plaza on Deck 5, there was a group that called the Rock N Roll Time Machine who played music (advertised as being from the Woodstock era) that was very good.

Thanks for letting me know which nights were formal nights

You are welcome. One of the matireD's is Ken Byrne, who is a fantastic singer. He sang "The Way You Look Tonight" and "Witchcraft" and was great. He sang the first song just after a guy proposed to his girlfriend in the dining room.

The Liquid Lounge to me was a bit awkward. There is limited floor seating and most of the seating is on the sides of the stage. There is a bar at the back of the lounge.

The Playlist shows were Motor City and Epic Rock. By playlist, that means that there is no orchestra. While it was mentioned over and over that the dancers actually were singing, it still appeared that some were lip syncing to the music. The Epic Rock features mostly 80's music, with some 70's worked in. The backgrounds and the graphics in the show were great, but the music is pretty loud for the mostly older group in the audience. The juggler/ comedian that appeared one night was very entertaining.

In the Ocean Plaza on Deck 5, there was a group that called the Rock N Roll Time Machine who played music (advertised as being from the Woodstock era) that was very good.

How early did you have to arrive to see the shows in the Liquid Lounge? Were there times when people werent able to get in?

And I was wondering about the Cheers Program...you mentioned your husband did it...you didnt? When we sailed in January all the people over 21 in your cabin had to do it if one did. Just curious.

We were on this sailing as well. I definitely agree that they need to take a week break from sailing and fix the problems on board. We were on deck 10 and saw buckets on numerous decks. The worst part was the leak outside of the dining room towards the end of the cruise. One day we watch someone look up on the overhead panel and pull out a screwdriver. My dh was surprised by the 10 week turnaround but is even more surprised that they have been sailing every day since then without taking time to fix problems that obviously keep coming up and these problems have to be fixed when they are not constantly sailing.

This is only our second cruise so not much to compare to but there were Diamond and Platinum people who had many problems and have sailed Carnival and other ships and were not impressed with this sailing at all. We enjoyed our excursions although it is obvious that people don't read the descriptions and show up for walking tours and aren't able to do a walking tour. Also people on their cell phones yapping away on the Serenity Deck was very annoying.

JiJi, Guy's and Blue Iguana were really good but the main dining room had a bit to be desired. I ordered a steak medium rare and it didn't have any pink color in it at all. I tried another night and ordered rare and it was better but still not really to my liking.

Overall it was ok but next time we may try another line.

yes everyone in the room over 21 has to buy the cheers program. My son and husband both wanted to do the program so we booked the two of them together, and DIL and I in the other room. No questions asked. The only thing to expect is that one sign and sail will be charged for both of the charges. DH and DS met the 15 drink max a couple of days, but i know they drank more than usual. They said that they don't know if they would do it again.

Yes the steaks were not good, never cooked properly and no taste.

The only show I saw was Epic Rock and I thought it was very good. We got in the lounge 1/2 hr early and got seats in the back row of the main area. It was difficult to see the stage from here. You would be better off going upstairs where they have stadium seating. I was disappointed that the lounge only has 8 of the circular seats around tables. Very small lounge.