Sheraton/Melia Jan 2014

Katrine822

I have called the number for Melia Nassau a handful of times, only to get routed to reservations who cannot answer my questions. I have also emailed, to no avail. We are going to be in Nassau on 1/04/14 and would like to know if the Melia is going to have day passes similar to what the Sheraton offered. If anyone has details (or a working phone number:mad:) I sure would appreciate it if you would share.

I have called the number for Melia Nassau a handful of times, only to get routed to reservations who cannot answer my questions. I have also emailed, to no avail. We are going to be in Nassau on 1/04/14 and would like to know if the Melia is going to have day passes similar to what the Sheraton offered. If anyone has details (or a working phone number:mad:) I sure would appreciate it if you would share.

All I can tell you is that I contacted them about 2 weeks ago and they said that for the Time being, they would honor the $30 sheraton day pass prices, as well as the $99 day room.

They didn't give an end date.

I think they are still sorting things out... since melia is supposed to be an all-inclusive, at some point, the day pass will likely be phased out for an all-inclusive pass.

All I can tell you is that I contacted them about 2 weeks ago and they said that for the Time being, they would honor the $30 sheraton day pass prices, as well as the $99 day room.

They didn't give an end date.

I think they are still sorting things out... since melia is supposed to be an all-inclusive, at some point, the day pass will likely be phased out for an all-inclusive pass.

Scubagirrl, any info on the Wyndham next door to the Sheraton? Their day pass was cheaper than the Sheraton's and you could use the Sheraton property as well.

The day room is from 7:00am-7:00 pm. You get the use of a room and use of all the facilities. I had read on another thread that it would cost $99 for 2 plus $10 for each additional person. But when I booked this morning they only charged me $99 for me, my husband and son (16).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

The day room is from 7:00am-7:00 pm. You get the use of a room and use of all the facilities. I had read on another thread that it would cost $99 for 2 plus $10 for each additional person. But when I booked this morning they only charged me $99 for me, my husband and son (16).

This sounds great!!

Did you have to pay right away or when you get there? This sounds exactly what we would like to do.... (Thanks for your input!)

This would be good as there is 4 of us so a beach pass at $30 each would be $120 or the same price as a room and adding 2 people. That way we would have place to shower and what not if needed. Do anyone know how much the beach pass is for the Wyndham next door??

Edited by cdwolf85

Do anyone know how much the beach pass is for the Wyndham next door??

I got a message from the Wyndham through Facebook yesterday telling me that it's $20 per person for a day pass.

It's only me and my son, so the Wyndham deal is better.

But since we're in Nassau for the entire day, a day room where you can actually rest a little, get changed etc, sounds more appealing.

I just booked a day room at the Melia for $99 on Jan 2nd for the 3 of us. I got through right away by calling 242-327-6000.

Thanks again for this heads up! I called this morning and we're booked for next March.

The reason they only charged you $99 (for 3 people) is that the rates are now lower. It's $79.50 for the first 2 guests and $10 per additional guest. All taxes and fees included - YAY!

They are not charging my credit card until the day of arrival, I had to give the details in order to secure the booking.

Does anyone have suggestions for lunch (not at the hotel restaurant)?

Very excited!!!

Edited by Isa65
adding text

Thanks again for this heads up! I called this morning and we're booked for next March.

The reason they only charged you $99 (for 3 people) is that the rates are now lower. It's $79.50 for the first 2 guests and $10 per additional guest. All taxes and fees included - YAY!

They are not charging my credit card until the day of arrival, I had to give the details in order to secure the booking.

Does anyone have suggestions for lunch (not at the hotel restaurant)?

Very excited!!!

Glad I could help! Enjoy your trip!

Since we are in port until 8 pm, I was thinking of booking the room then when it gets dark heading back to the room to shower and change. What is around this area? Could we eat/shop in walking distance or are we better off just heading back to the ship when it gets dark?

• 3 weeks later...

I just called about the day passes for 1/23. They are still available! Can't wait! It's just me and my 8 yr old daughter traveling, so a little nervous about getting there and back. Anyone know what time we should plan on leaving to get back to the cruise ship in time? Our cruise leaves at 8pm

I just called about the day passes for 1/23. They are still available! Can't wait! It's just me and my 8 yr old daughter traveling, so a little nervous about getting there and back. Anyone know what time we should plan on leaving to get back to the cruise ship in time? Our cruise leaves at 8pm

The day pass is only good until 6pm (and it will be dark by 5:30pm), so you should have plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Remember 4:30 - 6:30 pm is rush hour.. so give yourself an hour to get back to port if you leave during this time.

BTW... the day room is from 7am - 7pm .. for those who are interested.

BahaMar is due to open Dec 2014, The melia has taken over the Sheraton Hotel property.

So the Sheraton has closed/sold?

Edit: Never mind. I did just a tiny little bit more reading and found the answer myself. Too bad though, I was planning on using points for the Sheraton. Oh well!

Edited by Waterloomarc

I had asked about day pass and the $99 room, this is the answer I received.

Good Day Gary

Day Pass $30 per adult

Day Pass with Lunch $50.00 per adult

Day Pass with Buffet $75.00 per adult

Children pay25% off the adult price

Day Use – 9am to 6pm

50% of the walk in rate.

We hope this information is beneficial to you.

The guest may have booked with the previous management, Sheraton, which had $99 Day use rate.

There is no set walk n rate of the hotel. The day use rate will be 50% of the day’s walk in rate.

You can purchase the Day Use or Day Pass at Front Desk on the day of use.

Felicianna Williams

Melia Ass’t Reservations Manager

We were there this past Thursday and had a wonderful time. Negotiated $15 cab ride each way for 3 of us from the port. Were given a ground floor room which opened right out to the zero entry pool. My husband and son rented wave runners for $50/half hour (negotiated rate) on the beach. Hamburgers were $19 :eek: but aside from that we had a great day.

1388960770825.jpg.e686545a60cb95b7fa38c152f3dca46f.jpg

1388960809791.jpg.6817520d1736fb86267690a74e2523c5.jpg

We were there this past Thursday and had a wonderful time. Negotiated $15 cab ride each way for 3 of us from the port. Were given a ground floor room which opened right out to the zero entry pool. My husband and son rented wave runners for $50/half hour (negotiated rate) on the beach. Hamburgers were $19 :eek: but aside from that we had a great day.

Can you tell me the temp of the pools? Ocean? Coolish or walk in warm?

The room # you had & price? There are just the 2 of us. Did you book ahead or when you got there?

Thanks so much

Can you tell me the temp of the pools? Ocean? Coolish or walk in warm?

The room # you had & price? There are just the 2 of us. Did you book ahead or when you got there?

Thanks so much

Hi, I booked ahead of time for the $99 +$10 each additional person rate. There were 3 of us but they only charged $99. We were given room 160. The temperature that day reached 80. The main pool with the swim up bar was heated and walk in warm. The zero entry pool was cool...colder than the ocean but refreshing after laying in the sun.