Navigator rates for FEB 201, why so high ?

7 Dec 22 Galveston, TX Galveston, TX Royal Caribbean / Navigator of the Seas 4.5 - $1,191 Info Balcony!

#34617 Info 7 Feb 9,

2014 Galveston, TX Galveston, TX Royal Caribbean / Navigator of the Seas 4.5 - $2,069 Info Balcony!

#34875 Info 7 Feb 16,

2014 Galveston, TX Galveston, TX Royal Caribbean / Navigator of the Seas 4.5 - $1,284 Info

Edited by overthehillcruiser

7 Dec 22 Galveston, TX Galveston, TX Royal Caribbean / Navigator of the Seas 4.5 - $1,191 Info Balcony!

#34617 Info 7 Feb 9,

2014 Galveston, TX Galveston, TX Royal Caribbean / Navigator of the Seas 4.5 - $2,069 Info Balcony!

#34875 Info 7 Feb 16,

2014 Galveston, TX Galveston, TX Royal Caribbean / Navigator of the Seas 4.5 - $1,284 Info

President's Day? First 7 day cruise after dry dock? Some other group on board?

I booked three cruises on the Navigator next year and the 4 day which is the first sailing after dry dock was more expensive than the 6 and 7 day I reserved. Based upon the roll call, the prices were a lot cheaper but went up. I figured it was an issue of supply and demand especially since they were showing sold out categories back in October. Looks like its opened up some though.

THANKS. I CHECKED THE 4 DAY AND IT STARTS AT $909 PP FOR A BALCONY PLUS TAXES..CRAZY !

I booked three cruises on the Navigator next year and the 4 day which is the first sailing after dry dock was more expensive than the 6 and 7 day I reserved. Based upon the roll call, the prices were a lot cheaper but went up. I figured it was an issue of supply and demand especially since they were showing sold out categories back in October. Looks like its opened up some though.

Feb 5,

2014 Galveston, TX Galveston, TX Royal Caribbean / Navigator of the Seas 4.5 - $909

Got a really good deal on Feb 23rd but now it's gone up, up, up. Figure it must be the post-dry dock effect.

I know ! I don't even check for price drops because it will never drop lower than we paid when we booked.:)

Those are pretty outrageous rates ordinarily, but I'd be willing to bet that it's right on the tail of the drydock. RCCL is probably trying to capitalize on the excitement of people wanting to be the first to experience the updates.

I'll be on her in May, and our cost is NOWHERE near those prices! :eek:

Texas spring break isn't until March 9th....so that isn't it.

In many of the Northeast states, the weeks around President's Day are periods of elementary and high school vacations which is the more likely reason for the higher fares. Check out airfares from Boston to Florida or other warmer climes for those dates and you will likely find the same situation. In the long run, it all comes down to supply and demand which is the most likely answer to your question. If there wasn't an increase in demand, the prices would probably be lower.

THANKS. I CHECKED THE 4 DAY AND IT STARTS AT $909 PP FOR A BALCONY PLUS TAXES..CRAZY !

Feb 5,

2014 Galveston, TX Galveston, TX Royal Caribbean / Navigator of the Seas 4.5 - $909

Yes! I think I was experiencing temporary insanity when I booked it!