is being harrassed by a PVP normal? Even if we didn't have a PVP?

valentinebaby1

I live in South Florida and see the ads for these jobs - listed as telemarketing LOL...that is all they are

Once they have met quotas and stuck it out a year or so they are permitted to work mostly from home - which means if they are having a bad spell they may get more aggressive

Some people here think these telemarketers are their "friends"

I agree that some people may think that these employees are their friends when they are just doing a job. Fortunately for some of us, real friendships do develop.

I know that you want to portray PVP's as lowly telemarketers, struggling to meet quotas, and who hate their jobs. Believe me, NOTHING could be farther from the truth. While I'm sure there are some disgruntled employees (like on any job), the PVP's I've had a chance to meet in person are passionate about working for Carnival. Not to get into financial specifics, but the income that they bring home as PVP's would make the average Carnival cruiser envious.

Once again, just my personal experience. :o

I agree that some people may think that these employees are their friends when they are just doing a job. Fortunately for some of us, real friendships do develop.

I know that you want to portray PVP's as lowly telemarketers, struggling to meet quotas, and who hate their jobs. Believe me, NOTHING could be farther from the truth. While I'm sure there are some disgruntled employees (like on any job), the PVP's I've had a chance to meet in person are passionate about working for Carnival. Not to get into financial specifics, but the income that they bring home as PVP's would make the average Carnival cruiser envious.

I don't have to portray anything - it is what it is....yes as you say some are good at this, they make good money...and that is the point...it is their job. And you can stop the calls if you wish. It is a job....as for the 'upsell fairy">> years ago we had the "upgrade fairy">> I had several upgrades, one on Carnival and one on Princess.....we had 30 cabins upgraded at NO charge on MSC on Nov 20 3 night cruise - since their computer system is still Italian/not updated to sell upgrades. The upgrade "fairy" was a true fairy...the upsell "fairy" I call an upsell telemarketer :)

Edited by sharecruises

agreed. I also have a very good one.

Those calls from any cruise line are annoying! When I get a call I simply set the phone down and let the representative go on with the canned script. It doesn't take long until I hear "Hello?" repeatedly until they get the message and hang up. You might get one more call, but after they receive the same treatment the calls stop.

Don't put your VIFP number in when you search. Then they don't know who is looking at the prices. You can check a box to search those rates without having to put the number in. I price check a lot and was called too. I just told him that we were deciding between Carnival and NCL and I would call back if we decided.

Those calls from any cruise line are annoying! When I get a call I simply set the phone down and let the representative go on with the canned script. It doesn't take long until I hear "Hello?" repeatedly until they get the message and hang up. You might get one more call, but after they receive the same treatment the calls stop.

Why not just say I m not interested and please do not call again.

I personally do not like getting unsolicited calls. This happened to me several times after looking up cruises on Carnival's web site. The last time they called I simply said "please put me on your do not call list." They have not called back yet (although it has only been about a month).

I used to be amazed that this never happened to me. I always searched cruise prices, and put my PG# in the box when searching. I've booked 1 cruise through a PVP, and the other 20 are probably split between TA and online/on board booking (no longer use TAs).

A couple of years ago, when I went to look at my profile, I noticed that for some reason they have me living somewhere in MN, and the phone number in my profile is one I've never seen before. It used to be correct, but seeing as how I never get snail mail from them (I do get emails), and I NEVER get phone calls, the only thing I could conclude is that this incorrect info in my profile is preventing them from contacting me. I've actually changed it twice, but it never stuck so I gave up trying to change it. The upside is being able to browse at will and never get those annoying phone calls.

The point to my story is - maybe put a dummy phone number in your profile? What else would they need your number for? You have a chance to change it during online check-in - sure, I have to change it every time, but once I change it for check-in, it does stay.

Never once had a sales phone call from Carnival, ever - after 21 cruises. I recommend changing the phone number on your profile and see if that stops the calls.

Sent from my iPad

I personally do not like getting unsolicited calls. This happened to me several times after looking up cruises on Carnival's web site. The last time they called I simply said "please put me on your do not call list." They have not called back yet (although it has only been about a month).

A reasonable way to do it.

I hate the unsolicited robo calls that half the time nobody is there to talk to me.