Has anyone experienced the Jade?

michelle.mcdonald

Hi

My husband an I are almost ready to confirm our booking for 11 nights on the Norwegian Jade in March around the med, an we hoped that some of you good people could share your experiences please! We have cruised once an that was with freedom of the seas, any comparison? We loved the freedom! Thank you's for the advise

Michelle

Michelle :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi

My husband an I are almost ready to confirm our booking for 11 nights on the Norwegian Jade in March around the med, an we hoped that some of you good people could share your experiences please! We have cruised once an that was with freedom of the seas, any comparison? We loved the freedom! Thank you's for the advise

Michelle

Michelle :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am booked on the March 22nd Jade sailing from Rome. If you are on this date, please join our roll call.

I have sailed on the Jade on a Canary Islands cruise 2 years ago. I loved the ship.. not too small, not too big..perfect size for knowing where everything is. Wonderful crew, great entertainment and good food. What more can you ask for? The fact that I am going on her again should tell you how much I enjoyed her.

Good luck whatever you do!

I've had three great cruises on the Jade. I cannot compare her to Freedom of the Seas but can say that I've enjoyed all the ports (Croatia, Greece, Turkey) and have always found the crew to be super. Lots of dining options, plenty of deck space in March, a decent gym. Entertainment pretty good but it seemed to vary from one sailing to the next.

Happy cruising!

I'm afraid I can't compare the Jade to the other ship as have only sailed NCL, but we sailed the Jade this summer and loved her! She's an older ship showing no signs of wear and tear.....very well kept, in my opinion. Staff were excellent, dining and entertainment were good, we loved the ports.....we did the Greek Islands. The previous summer we sailed the Epic, and whilst we had a fantastic cruise, I would choose the Jade over the Epic, mainly for the fact that the Jade was smaller and felt less crowded on sea days. The Jade had a real calmness about her to me. I hope you enjoy your trip if you decide to sail her. :)

PS There is a review of the Jade in my signature below :)

The Jade and the Freedom are very different.

Firstly you have the set seating with RCCL that you don't on NCL

NCL does not have the internal promenade and instead has bar row, areas with comfortable seats that do not make you feel like you are in a shopping mall like the Freedom does

The Jade has lots of good entertainment too and a central area where they do demonstrations, music etc

The Jade is very laid back, brightly painted and the crew were fantastic

I am sure you will enjoy it

I do recommend that you go into the review section and look up the ship and member reviews