Today is The day! Carnival Announcement!

CarnivalBreeze319

I guess to those with small children it will be nice, I didn't think that kids were much into Dr. Seuss anymore other than the Grinch at Christmas. Maybe I am just too far away from those times, my only child is in college. I don't see it as "exciting news".

Yes it was awesome and worth waiting for.

I just about wet my pants when i read this.:p

I find it discriminatory. Just because i am older i can't have green eggs and ham even if i pay the $5.00.:mad:

Bill

Don't worry. On sailings from Galveston they'll have Sen.Ted Cruz doing filibusters for the adults.

Does this mean the FREE seaday brunch is now not available on the first seaday.. If that is the case, I dont like the idea... If it is just using a portion of the dining room for this new breakfast, and we still can have the free brunch, then I am okay as this would then be just another option... However, if this replaces the seaday brunch, then its just another way for carnival to make extra money and take away something from the majority

Don't see this drawing more families unless they tie rate promo's to the Suess program.

Too bad that the Dr Seuss thing appeals to the age group of kids that are usually under parental supervision or in Camp Carnival.

Too bad there's nothing new for the older kids will still be unsupervised and in wandering packs.

I think this is great for several reason! My kids are 11 and 9 so they are a little old for Dr. Seuss, but I am sure they will enjoy it as much as my wife and I. In addition this allows the opportunity to theme areas of the ship such as the Waterworks, sports decks, ext. to add some fun and excitement. Last, but not least this and recent changes to menus shows that Carnival is continuing to improve the brand and tells me that there will be more exciting announcements to follow in regards to things that teens and adults are going to really enjoy. Thanks Carnival for continuing to improve the brand!

Right?!?!

I have no problems when people post legitimate critiques of their experience on Carnival - but it is just ridiculous the number of Negative Nancys and Neds who bemoan EVERY change that CCL makes as being the worst thing ever to happen for them, without giving it a chance. Or complaining about items that won't even impact them either way.

SHEESH. Zip it already, people. :rolleyes:

Ditto

I would love this if I had small children! Dr. Suess was very popular with my kids and me when they were little.

Too bad now we have to hear from all the fuddy duddy's on here that will complain that they are getting nothing from this latest announcement and how it will just completely ruin their next cruise :rolleyes:

LOL! I was thinking the same thing.:rolleyes:

I think it is great as I love Dr. Suess and so do my 3 girls. We went on NCL this summer and just for the 5 of us to do the "Pajama Jam" with the characters on board it was $125.00. $5.00 per person is way more reasonable in my books. We are already having to fork over thousands to go on the cruise for 5 of us so to have to pay an extra $125.00 for breakfast was pretty expensive. My kids had a blast but, I will never do it again for that price. When we got off that cruise they all 3 asked when we were going again on Carnival. They really didn't like that cruise and we didn't either to be honest. So, we have 2 more Carnival cruises booked. Some people will never be happy!:(

Edited by LaShea

Don't see this drawing more families unless they tie rate promo's to the Suess program.

Too bad that the Dr Seuss thing appeals to the age group of kids that are usually under parental supervision or in Camp Carnival.

Too bad there's nothing new for the older kids will still be unsupervised and in wandering packs.

It would be nice if they could find some more activities for the 18-20 year olds.

They seem to be in the abyss.

Bill

Personally, I think that this partnership is a step in the right direction for Carnival. Maybe not the major announcement that CarnivalBreeze319 was trying to drum up excitement for, but nonetheless, a step in the right direction.

To the OP, I honestly appreciate your attempt to create excitement over anything Carnival, but IMHO, don't overdo it. If you overhype this type of announcement and try to make them bigger than they really are, you're bound to get the type of reaction that you're getting (ho hum, whop de doo, etc).

Also, try to deliver the announcement BEFORE the Employee Bulletin is made public. THAT would truly be impressive.

Yawn

Where will those of us with no kids go for Brunch?

Green eggs and ham?? no thanks

The comedians didn't work very well at brunch, I doubt these characters will either

Guess poor old Funship Freddy had to walk the plank

(my "speculation/prediction" was right - that new characters would replace Freddy)

It would be nice if they could find some more activities for the 18-20 year olds.

They seem to be in the abyss.

Bill

As the mother of a 19 year old...I agree. Kids/Teens clubs through 17, Serenity 21+. There is no dedicated area for the 18-20 yo to hang out together.

I think its a positive step that Carnival is at least trying to do something toward being more family friendly. Our latest cruise was anything but, no family movie, no family friendly pool area. Camp Carnival is great if you want to just dump your kids, but what about if you actually want to spend time with them!

That said, my kid would never eat green eggs LOL

Don't get me wrong but,

why does CCL want more children on the ship?

Children bring in no extra money, drinking, gambling, spa purchases,

shopping on board.

Make it less child friendly.

When I cruised with my children, when they were 6-18 y/o.

There was no drinking, gambling for mom and dad.:p

Edited by fireofficer5