Pro rating the drink packages

racnwdow

I have heard several times that RCI is prorating the drink package if you happen to buy it a few days into the cruise. Sometimes I am in the mood to drink and other times not. Last year I hardly drank at all on the cruise. I thought I would go a day or two (eight day cruise) and see how I feel. And then buy it on day 2 or 3 if I am in a drinking mood.

Does anyone have any first hand experience on buying a few days into the cruise? Is the pro rate the same price per day as it would be if you purchased it for the whole time?

I was told the per day price is the same depending which one you choose, you can purchase only if 4 days remain, and you must purchase for all remaining days.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I have heard several times that RCI is prorating the drink package if you happen to buy it a few days into the cruise. Sometimes I am in the mood to drink and other times not. Last year I hardly drank at all on the cruise. I thought I would go a day or two (eight day cruise) and see how I feel. And then buy it on day 2 or 3 if I am in a drinking mood.

Does anyone have any first hand experience on buying a few days into the cruise? Is the pro rate the same price per day as it would be if you purchased it for the whole time?

Below is the relevant section of the FAQ. It does not specifically mention the price per day when purchasing for a portion of the cruise, but I've read one report here on CC that said it was the same price per day.

Q. Can a guest order just for a certain number of days of their cruise?

A. The package must be purchased for the entire duration of the cruise, or the remaining days of the cruise. The latest it can be purchased is when there is a minimum of 4 days remaining. When ordering for the remaining days of a cruise a pro rata price will be charged. Pre-cruise, you can only purchase the package for the entire duration.

Just got off the Liberty and was specifically TOLD that we would be charged for the complete beverage package we purchased in day 2 of a 5 day cruise. Oh, and I had to argue to get the two drinks ordered on day 1 removed from the billing. You know, since I paid $55 for each one on the day we boarded the ship. I couldn't see paying the $17 for those as well. Be very careful and get very specific information. In writing if possible.