Harry Potter makes his way to the US....on the QE2....oops!

guernseyguy

The old girl's fame soldiers on, with several news outlets reporting that the QE2 is carrying the first signed copy to NY....and not her younger sister, from as far afield as San Francisco and Dublin:

http://*****.com/7asgv

http://*****.com/87ycw

Must be frustrating to be upstaged by your (much) older sister.......

Peter

The old girl's fame soldiers on, with several news outlets reporting that the QE2 is carrying the first signed copy to NY....and not her younger sister, from as far afield as San Francisco and Dublin:

Peter

No doubt this will be my daughters choice of reading material on our voyage, if she can wait that long to read it. She is reading all the others again to get back up to speed. Personally I have not read any of the Harry Potter books and have no desire to either. Poor girl thinks that the owl that we have seen a few times from our back garden is Hedwig!! Who or whatever Hedwig is/are!!????

Elaine

Peter

Actually, it was QM2. Those two papers got their Queens confused.

www.cunard.com

click on the link for the press release and a worth-watching video of the book being signed J.K. Rowling on her desk, being packed into the gigantic trunk, loaded onto QM2 by crane, unloaded in NYC, and put into an armored truck.

kj

I must confess I am one of those "grandparents" that read the Harry Potter books so I could converse in an intelligent manner with the grandkids. Well, I got hooked!

When the book comes out here at 12:01 on Saturday, I will be at the book store with grandson for the "event".

For Halloween, I dressed like Prof. McGonagle...the little kids at the preschool in the art center where I volunteer loved it! The movies are great too...and just as I envisioned.

Go Potter!

Elaine: I recommend that you read the books!

Grace

I too am a great fan of the Potter books. What a marvelous marketing stunt to ship the first signed copy of "The Half Blood Prince" to New York aboard QM2. It adds to lore of this great ocean liner and the excitement of this highly anticipated new offering from the brilliant J.K. Rowling.

Cruiserking

Cruiserking: I just finished reading a great synopsis of all the books, on the web. Microsoft network. (Just to refressh my memory on some of the characters etc.)

Sadly, they did not mention Prof. McGonagle, my fav character. I have my costume ready for the launch!

Grace

Count another adult reader here who thoroughly enjoys J.K. Rowling. Who says good storytelling is only for children! ;)

I won't get my copy until Monday though, it's ordered through Amazon's UK site; after reading the first book and seeing the word "homework" instead of "revisions" I realized there were some edits for the US market and I've been collecting the UK editions ever since.

I tried to find the link, with no success. I saw the synopsis on MSN my sign on screen, and clicked on it this morning. When I went back just now it was gone. I tried a few other searches but could not find it again. Now I wish I would have printed it out this am, thinking I would have time later on.

We both lose!

The article listed a web site of something like "kidshealth.com" so maybe it can be there?

Gosh, I have to get my costume ready! Green robe, hat with crooked tip and feather, and I even made a replica of her pin. (I am a goldsmith). And the black boots with pointed toes.

Grace

Count another adult reader here who thoroughly enjoys J.K. Rowling. Who says good storytelling is only for children! ;)

I won't get my copy until Monday though, it's ordered through Amazon's UK site; after reading the first book and seeing the word "homework" instead of "revisions" I realized there were some edits for the US market and I've been collecting the UK editions ever since.

I also read only the UK versions. My daughter's ordered me one before they realized we'd be in London for the July 30th QE 2 cruise. I was turned off by "English Muffins" instead of "crumpets".

Hopefully, my copy will arrive on Saturday.

I hate science fiction. Never read a science fiction book, never saw a Star Wars movie or a Star Trek episode.

But I am addicted to Harry and the gang!

My book will arrive in the morning; I ordered it about 6 months ago. However, I just got an email from a friend in Melbourne....he scanned the first chapter for me. After an early dinner, I'm sitting down to read........and continue the book in the morning.

Archived