Cozumel Snorkeling Excursions on Fantasy

Cruiserdude1972

This will be our third time stopping at Cozumel. We have never actually done an excursion; instead, we just got a cab to one of the beach clubs so the kids could play on all the water inflatables. This time we want to snorkel since the kids are older but not sure which Disney excursion would be best. Recommendations?

Cozumel offers basically the same snorkeling excursions, all under different names. They're always a 2 stop snorkel, to the same areas, but some of them will add beach time/lunch after the snorkel time.

So really, any one of them that you pick will be the same snorkeling, it's just a matter of whether you want to take a catamaran, or different kind of boat, and/or add beach time.

We added the beach time once, because we had some people who didn't want to snorkel, and it was a nice excursion. The beach (and right off hand I can't remember the name of it) was a nice area, lunch was buffet-style, they had a lot of water toys, loungers, etc....but it was really crowded. I'm not sure I'd recommend doing one of those, because there really isn't a whole lot more to do in Cozumel (other than the other organized excursions) so the beach ones get pretty crowded.

We always like to snorkel at Chankanaab. The fish are so used to people and are very friendly. You walk carefully down the some what algae covered stair steps, but there you, right at the reef. Don't have to take a boat, and you can snorkel as long as you want. You can also join a guided tour if you like. If you bring your own equipment, it doens't cost anything extra to snorkel. There are nice sea lion shows and great beach areas with tiki huts to lounge under. AMAZING food. Volleyball. Animal encounters if you want. Its very family friendly there. And secure because you have to pay about $30 to get in. (Taxiing there from port is the only non secure part of it.)

Not sure if they have a DCL to Chank, if they do, then transport will already be included. I'd go back tomorrow if Coz was on my itinerary.

Just another suggestion.

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids