Car rental in new orleans

S&DMOM

Has anyone recently rented a car in MSY and returned it close to the port? I am having a hard time finding any rental agencies that will give me a ride to the cruise port from their downtown/convention center locations. The closest location to the port is the Hertz and the rep said they are no longer able to give rides to the port. He stated we would have to take a cab from his location to the port which is around the corner but we would be charged $35 flat rate b/c of some new law??!! Anyone have any recent experience?

I'm looking for the same information. We are going to be flying to FL, renting a car, staying a few days, driving to New Orleans, staying another couple days and then cruising. We'll fly out from NO when the cruise returns. I am hoping to drop the car somewhere near the port the day we cruise.

Last week we were in New Orleans for a cruise on the Sunshine. We rented from Budget. They have an facility on Canal Street. They also provide a shuttle to and from the port. We dropped off our car at the airport. It was very convenient

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you have to call ahead for them to pick you up from the port? We don't fly out until 5:30 and thought renting a car to drive to the airport was a better idea.