Come Cruise with Me-Oasis Review-11/2/13-Tons of Pics-Family Cruise #3 (Long)

OMG Thanks soooo much for the kid area pictures!!!! That is what I've been asking for on this board for months lol

Looks awesome! we are planning an Allure cruise with 2.5 yr old DD but I wanted to see the kids areas because I was disappointed with them on LOS

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No problem :)

I think your child will have a great time.

Here is a link to all of our pictures. I'm sure I have more there that I didn't post:

Thank you!! Where did Keith sleep? Did you have a pack and play for him or maybe on the couch with a rail ( not sure id RCI offers those)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

He's too big to lay down in a pack and play (we did that on the first two cruises he went on). He slept in bed with us in the center. It wasn't very comfortable (for me ;) ). I was only kicked in the back like 70 times ;)

what a great review...I loved every minute...thank you so much for sharing...and I understand the complete time dedication it takes to do one of these....I hope you are able to save and share with your son...I'll bet he gets a real kick of of seeing it one day when he's older.

what a great review...I loved every minute...thank you so much for sharing...and I understand the complete time dedication it takes to do one of these....I hope you are able to save and share with your son...I'll bet he gets a real kick of of seeing it one day when he's older.

I'll probably be boring him endless when he gets older. Without exaggeration, I take approximately 10,000 photos a year :eek:

Thank you so much for coming back to finish your review. Sad you won't be doing any more but I understand! I did one years ago and it took soooo long and I too just don't have the time with a 19month old and another on the way. We took our little girl on Radiance and rhapsody just after your first cruise with Keith and we took all of your advice - so it was very handy!!

Carly

Thank you so much for coming back to finish your review. Sad you won't be doing any more but I understand! I did one years ago and it took soooo long and I too just don't have the time with a 19month old and another on the way. We took our little girl on Radiance and rhapsody just after your first cruise with Keith and we took all of your advice - so it was very handy!!

Carly

It definitely makes it more difficult to do them when you have kids ;)

Glad the advice was helpful :)

Frankly, I'm a little worried about this child! :eek: she looks like she was tossed like a rag doll onto the floor!

And a few more from the walk

10873150564_df7b4681ff_c.jpg

Thanks Curtis for your review! I will of course "see" you on FB, but I'm sorry you won't be here on CC any longer...I enjoyed your reviews! It was your review that got me hooked on Southern Caribbean route again! Happy travels!

Frankly, I'm a little worried about this child! :eek: she looks like she was tossed like a rag doll onto the floor!

Thanks Curtis for your review! I will of course "see" you on FB, but I'm sorry you won't be here on CC any longer...I enjoyed your reviews! It was your review that got me hooked on Southern Caribbean route again! Happy travels!

lol on the kid. I'm not sure what she was doing.

I'll still be around on CC here and there, but, as you definitely know, the reviews are time intensive. With the all-you-can eat internet packages, I'll probably just post more live pictures on Facebook ;)

lol on the kid. I'm not sure what she was doing.

I'll still be around on CC here and there, but, as you definitely know, the reviews are time intensive. With the all-you-can eat internet packages, I'll probably just post more live pictures on Facebook ;)

Oh I definitely know how much work! Luckily, I'm on the other end of the spectrum, lots of hours waiting for the garage door to open before I can go to bed;) so I have the time! I enjoy the writing and it's a fun project for DH and I to do together! 2 year olds are lots of work (I only have to do it during the times I'm paid to watch them! ) and you don't get a second chance at these days! I know how much time you spend with the little guy, and you won't regret a day of it! :D I'll be watching Keith grow up on FB and before YOU know it, YOU will be the one waiting on Friday nights for him to come in;)

Oh I definitely know how much work! Luckily, I'm on the other end of the spectrum, lots of hours waiting for the garage door to open before I can go to bed;) so I have the time! I enjoy the writing and it's a fun project for DH and I to do together! 2 year olds are lots of work (I only have to do it during the times I'm paid to watch them! ) and you don't get a second chance at these days! I know how much time you spend with the little guy, and you won't regret a day of it! :D I'll be watching Keith grow up on FB and before YOU know it, YOU will be the one waiting on Friday nights for him to come in;)

I'm afraid that time will be here too soon!

Would the walk from the cruise ship to Atlantas be doable while pushing a wheelchair? How much did you have to pay to get into the areas that you saw? thanks.

You would need to get to Paradise Island first. We took a tender type boat over, which I believe was like $5 per person, round trip. I didn't see any provisions for doing that in a wheel chair. If you go this route, once you get to the island, you have about a 1.5 mile walk over even ground on a sidewalk.

Your better choice would be to take a cab over. I'm sure your walk would be minimal, as they would drop you off close to the building.

Everything you saw in the pictures are things we saw for free. We didn't pay anything to be at that area of Atlantis.

They do have pay options. They have an Aquarium, which I think was around $45pp. They also have a water park type area that I believe you can pay for, but I'm not sure of the cost.

You would need to get to Paradise Island first. We took a tender type boat over, which I believe was like $5 per person, round trip. I didn't see any provisions for doing that in a wheel chair. If you go this route, once you get to the island, you have about a 1.5 mile walk over even ground on a sidewalk.

Your better choice would be to take a cab over. I'm sure your walk would be minimal, as they would drop you off close to the building.

Everything you saw in the pictures are things we saw for free. We didn't pay anything to be at that area of Atlantis.

They do have pay options. They have an Aquarium, which I think was around $45pp. They also have a water park type area that I believe you can pay for, but I'm not sure of the cost.

Curtis...thanks so much for the info!!

Curtis, I am so glad you were able to take the time to come back to us and finish the review. I know how much time it takes to do one, especially this detailed. I am sure you guys moved Mo5aic. We saw them on our Freedom cruise may of last year and we thought they were great.

I will continue to follow you on Facebook. I love seeing all your photos.

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk

Curtis, I am so glad you were able to take the time to come back to us and finish the review. I know how much time it takes to do one, especially this detailed. I am sure you guys moved Mo5aic. We saw them on our Freedom cruise may of last year and we thought they were great.

I will continue to follow you on Facebook. I love seeing all your photos.

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk

Would love to see them perform again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Curtis! Thank you very much for finishing your review. It was awesome, as always. I loved seeing your pictures, reading your "dailies," and living vicariously through you.

I do know how time intensive the reviews are and appreciate the hours and hours you've spent sharing your family cruises with us. THANK YOU!!! As much as I will miss them, I do understand, and, as much as I hate to say it, I haven't written a review for the past few cruises my family has taken. It is LIBERATING in some ways! Maybe this will change as time moves on.... I hope so.

Thanks again!!

Michele

PS Did you buy that boat?!!!!!

PPS Your ice cream cones look much more photo friendly and less like dog poo this time around.... you're really getting there!!!

PPPS LOVE Mo5aic!!! We've seen them twice. SUCH TALENT!

Edited by QTMichele

Hey, Curtis! Thank you very much for finishing your review. It was awesome, as always. I loved seeing your pictures, reading your "dailies," and living vicariously through you.

I do know how time intensive the reviews are and appreciate the hours and hours you've spent sharing your family cruises with us. THANK YOU!!! As much as I will miss them, I do understand, and, as much as I hate to say it, I haven't written a review for the past few cruises my family has taken. It is LIBERATING in some ways! Maybe this will change as time moves on.... I hope so.

Thanks again!!

Michele

PS Did you buy that boat?!!!!!

PPS Your ice cream cones look much more photo friendly and less like dog poo this time around.... you're really getting there!!!

PPPS LOVE Mo5aic!!! We've seen them twice. SUCH TALENT!

I agree with the liberating feeling, even though we haven't went on another cruise yet. Not having to take notes and photograph every little thing (who am I kidding, I'll still photograph every little thing) definitely sounds more relaxing.

Haven't purchased the boat yet. We are having a hard time coming up with an agreeable price ;)

I've been working hard to make my ice cream look non-pooish ;)

Definitely want to see Mo5aic again!