Why stay in various areas? & day Tour Island?

bobnsofi

Hi all!

2 Q's

We are 2 full days in SJ before a cruise 01/13

Q1

We have a refundable reservation in Condado at a top rated B&B thurs-sun morn

Maybe we should switch to an Old San Juan area hotel?

What are the differences of staying in Condado versus Old San Juan?

Q2

We plan to do Old San Juan Friday 01/10/13, the Market, the forts, night life, etc.

Day tour the entire Island?, Rain Forest?, Caves?, Bus Tour? Rent Car? How? Friday? Saturday?

!!! Thanks in Advance!!!

Unfortunately, you will be in PR when viewing the Bio bay is not available.(GREAT experience - maybe next time).

This would be my plan.

I would rent a car at the airport and drive to the Fajardo area and stay at The El Conquistador. This is an incredible resort with a private island beach. We've had a fabulous time every time we have stayed here.

The next day drive to Old San Juan for one night. You can sleep in and enjoy the resort before leaving. I'd choose a hotel in San Juan(Sheraton, Mirador, etc.) - can return Hertz rental at the Sheraton. Use the free trolley that circles old San Juan. Tour El Morro and walk around Old San Juan - The Forteleza de la Princessa is very nice.

Just my opinion, but, I'd skip the caves. We have caves in Pennsylvania that are much more impressive. If you've seen caves or have the opportunity to do it from home - I wouldn't waste the time in Puerto Rico. It is a long drive and not much to see(JMHO).

To me, if you want to stay near a beach, then Condado. But it is not great for swimming there, so it is mainly for sand/view. Between the 2, I would pick OSJ.

I would rent a car and check out something. For fewer people at the sites, go Friday and do OSJ Saturday.

I think Cueva Ventana and Cueva del Indio are more exciting/interesting than Camuy Caves/caves in the States. These are impressive not for the cave part but for the scenery.

El Yunque is beautiful, you can easily go to the beach from there also. Or go to Fajardo ad do a snorkel boat tour to an out island.