Family cabin 6pax Caribbean

DmnDva

Hi all!

After any suggestions for a Caribbean cruise line that can cater for a family of 6 in a suite. We would like to do a 10-14 day cruise and we have already done the Allure and aren't interested in a back to back. Does anyone have any ideas for us?

TIA!

Need more information if you want specific recommendations. When are you traveling? Do you have a preference for port? What are the ages of children?

We just returned from back-to-back EPIC and Allure. We like to cruise for 14 days but prefer to experience 2 different ships. I know with a large family, packing and unpacking may be an issue, but you will have many more options if you are willing to choose 2 ships.

I prefer to sacrifice a little on the cabin and take incredible excursions. This is just our preference. Depending on the age of the children, I'd get a balcony and book the kids across the hall in 1 or 2 inside cabins.

Thanks for your replies, we are looking to go in January 2015, it's a good time of year with school holidays and work.

Our daughters will be 9, 11, 11 and 13.

We will lose 2 days flying to and from the US, so we'd prefer not to do back to back because we lose a day sailing.

Port is not a huge issue.

Connecting rooms are probably your best bet for the widest selection of sailings. Disney does have a 2 bedroom suite, but it is crazy expensive - and they don't do 10-14 night Caribbean itineraries.

I've got to say, you started with the biggest, most incredible ship for your first cruise. I fear that anything else will be a letdown after that.

Edited by boulders

Lol Boulders, you are probably right! We also had an AquaTheatre Suite so there's a lot to measure up to!

That was our once in a lifetime "screw it, let's do it" cruise. Didn't think we'd get addicted...

RCCL has their new ship, Quantum, coming out in Nov 2014 and it will have 11 and 12 day caribbean sailings from Cape Liberty, NJ in January 2015.

You could look at 2 inside cabins, or an inside and balcony, or they have the royal family suite with 2 bedrooms that would get you suite perks, too.

good luck with your decision

• 2 weeks later...

We've always traveled with a minium of five people (usually six.) Connecting balcony staterooms worked great however on our last ncl cruise(jewel) we opted for the 2 bedroom family suite. We loved it! Nothing could bet being in one room, and the suite perks were well worth it (though not all cruise lines are the same).

powelweb, we looked at the Quantum but all the suites and connectors were booked for the dates we can go.

We've decided that we're going to go on the Celebrity Eclipse 14 day exotic southern Caribbean with connecting cabins. Looking forward to it. Thanks for all your help :)