Are showers on the QM2 only in the spa?

Zipper25

I saw the following on another board and wondered how practical this would be on the QM2. My SO spends for ever in the bathroom!

Is this an option for the QM2 and does the gym have showers that are independant of the Canyon Ranch Spa?

I never take a shower in my room on a cruise. On our first cruise, I discovered the steam and sauna room on Grandeur of the Sea and 4 cruises later, I have yet to take a shower in my room. My ritual: 6:30 p.m every day, before getting dressed for dinner, up to the steam room for a good sauna, cold shower, wet steam, cold shower, wet steam, regular shower and a shave and I feel like a million bucks. Needless to say, I don't worry about cramped shower space, flying shower curtains, or my beloved telling me to hurry up. A good and leisurely steam, shower and shave at the end of the day--it doesn't get better than that.

Anyone else? And if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it.

I'm afraid the showers on the QM 2 are only in the spa. You have to purchae the spa package either daily or for a number of days. The sauna, steam and whirlpool are also coed only, so if you are a steam room purist you have to wear a bathing suit.

It is a beautiful area, though, and I found the five day package for $79 US, worth it.

Do you know if this is the set up on the QE 2.(we are sailing on July 30) The last time we sailed her was a number of years ago and I've forgotten.

Do you know if this is the set up on the QE 2.(we are sailing on July 30) The last time we sailed her was a number of years ago and I've forgotten.

Last time I sailed the Sauna/Showers were single sex with mixed steam....and free, I doubt they could have changed the latter, but whether they try to charge now I don't know....

Enjoy your cruise - the old girl can be polarising - either love her or hate her - and remember staircase 'E' for 'Everywhere' - visits all decks, unlike (almost all) the others!

Peter

Archived