Heathrow to Southhampton shuttle

northernsw

Fellow CC members, don't mean to hijack this thread, just giving some information to a fellow traveler. :)

Hi Mike,

First let me say you will love your Baltics cruise. We were on the Emerald and did a 28 day Copenhagen - Trans-Atlantic back to Lauderdale in 2012.

In London, the Crown Plaza SJ is a perfect hotel. Be sure you ask for a

remodeled room. Half the rooms are updated and half are the old style. I prefer the updated rooms. They are small but that's Europe. If I can remember correctly, we were in 313, it was updated and had a little

balcony, not to sit on but just stick your head out to check the temperature. Walk out of the hotel to the left and in 2 minutes you are at

Buckingham Palace. Walk out to the right and few blocks down is a main street. Make a left and walk a few blocks and you will see the Abby and Big Ben.

We purchased the London Pass with Travel. Maybe cost a few dollars more than paying as you go, but the convenience outweighed the cost. On and off the bus whenever, even to go a few blocks, and to get into the attractions didn't have to fumble with pounds. We took the bus to Trafalger Sq. a few times with good eating places there. Take some pounds. Some places won't take a $US or Euros. On a good weather day, do the roundtrip river cruise which was included in our London Pass.

Have fun!

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us that helpful feedback. Really appreciate your help.

Mike

If this is for the National Express coaches, then it's no longer valid, as the Government stopped the subsidy awhile back.

I think you're confused here, Dave. The government subsidy for seniors which was you correctly say was stopped wasn't connected to the purchase of a card. Anyone could go along and buy a discounted ticket if they had proof of being over 60.

What oskidunker is referring to is the Senior Coachcard which over 60s can buy from National Express. It is valid for one year, costs £10 and gives a third off the standard fare.