Anyone stay at the Wyndham Westshore in Tampa?

Raccoon

I just booked this hotel and was wondering if anyone has stayed there? Is it nice and is it close to restaurants and bars that we can walk to? I hope I made a good choice. I still can change my reservation until the day before we check in. Thanks for your opinions.:)

!

Thanks Nicole! How was the pool? Was it big and was there a bar near it? I'm glad you loved it, I was getting a little worried that no one has talked about it here. I appreciate you taking the time to post. Thanks again.:)

We only stayed for one night, so we didn't check out the pool. Instead, we opted for the mall because I'm too much of a shopoholic for my own good, and we don't have Macy's in Chicago LOL.

It really is a beautiful hotel. Very classy. And IIRC, there are a few bars IN the hotel...I just don't remember seeing any in the area around it. It's not far from the downtown area, and I'm positive there are a few around there.

• 3 weeks later...

I was also wondering about this hotel. We just booked it yesterday for our cruise in January. I've read some mixed reviews about it, so was a little leary. It seems the AKC has most hotels around Channelside booked solid the weekend we are sailing. I know this hotel has a Shula's steakhouse and bar right in the hotel. Sounds yummy to me!:D

• 1 month later...

I feel the hotel is very nice. I have stayed there on business on several occassions and it lived up to my expectations. There is a sports bar located inside as well as the previously stated Shula's steakhouse. My corporate rate was around $90, so getting a room for $50 is a great deal. If I remember correct the pool was heated for use in the cooler months. On several occassions I saw visiting Pro football players staying here when they were in town to play the Bucs.

Archived