Please help: Costa Pacifica cruise issues

lillianne

We will be going on a Western Med. Costa Pacifica cruise beginning and ending in Barcelona, February 10-17, 2014. I have a few questions for anyone out there who could help...

-We have a late morning flight from the Barcelona airport on February 17. Is it possible to keep our luggage with us in our cabin overnight to expedite our debarkation?

-How long will it take us to get to the airport and what suggestion do you have for transportation...are taxis readily available? I'm really worried about missing our flight!

-If anyone has sailed this route, do you have any advice/suggestions for sightseeing in Palma de Mallorca, Savona, Marseille?

-We are not big drinkers, especially when on high seas. If we just want coffee or tea for breakfast, and maybe one glass of wine, a cocktail or beer for dinner, is it really worth it?

Grazie, Merci, Danke, Thank you for any help you can give for any of these questions.

costa will let you keep your luggage with you and 'self debark'. you must be able to handle your luggage without assistance to do this. you will be among the first off the ship when you do this.

you should post a couple more statistics like the time the ship is scheduled to arrive and your flight time for answers to the other questions.

Edited by AnonymousCruiser69

-We have a late morning flight from the Barcelona airport on February 17. Is it possible to keep our luggage with us in our cabin overnight to expedite our debarkation?

You would have to speak with the ship reception once you are on board and ask if they can accommodate your request and whether it is necessary.

Typically, if you don't make special arrangements, they will request you to have your luggage put outside the door on the night before your disembarkation day, before 01:00.

To be honest, if it is necessary, I am sure Costa will be able to do something for you once you are on the ship.

-How long will it take us to get to the airport and what suggestion do you have for transportation...are taxis readily available? I'm really worried about missing our flight!

Costa usually offers shuttle bus transportation from the ship port to the airport at a very little charge - highly recommended. I used it from Savona to Milan and it was perfect.

Call or write an email to Costa for a quote and possibilities. You should have this in place before you embark.

If that turns out not to be an option, taxis in Barcelona is reliable and readily available from the port. The Barcelona airport is practically just besides the ship port, and takes about 30 minutes by taxi.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Pla%C3%A7a+de+la+Rosa+dels+Vents,+Barcelona,+Spain&daddr=Barcelona+Airport,+Barcelona,+Spain&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=41.33738,2.142677&spn=0.186631,0.363579&sll=41.368081,2.192717&sspn=0.023318,0.045447&geocode=FVQ8dwIdFWIhACkp66k6sqOkEjF2GRqoU_bhfg%3BFZM8dgId2rEfACHXm2_7Qukr8ymljnyEZJ6kEjHXm2_7Qukr8w&oq=Barce&mra=ls&t=m&z=12

-If anyone has sailed this route, do you have any advice/suggestions for sightseeing in Palma de Mallorca, Savona, Marseille?

You don't state all your port of calls?

-We are not big drinkers, especially when on high seas. If we just want coffee or tea for breakfast, and maybe one glass of wine, a cocktail or beer for dinner, is it really worth it?

What are we talking about here? The Extra All Inclusive? I would say, if you are a "normal" drinker, it is worth it. If you don't drink anything else but water and juice, its not worth it. Coffee is around 3-6 euros and drinks are around 6-7 euros. It doesn't take much before you at least break even to the 19.50 euros pppd.

I don't think there are any cruise lines that can compete with Costa's drink package and price.

Philip

Edited by phider

I don't know if this is the way I thank everyone for their comments on my posting. Someone asked when do we arrive in port, (8:00) and when does our plane leave (11:00). It does appear that with proper planning, we should not have a problem.

-Thank you for the map. It really does show the proximity.

-I guess I was referring to the Extra All Inclusive that seems to cost around Euro 19-20. I guess my question there is that if we have an External Premium cabin that includes a continental breakfast with room service, are we charged for the coffee separately?

-I did not ask questions about Rome and Florence as we've visited those cities several times and will probably just revisit favorite spots. We are clueless regarding Mallorca, Savona, and Marseille and would appreciate suggestions for them.

-Another question: are high seas the rule or the exception during a winter Med. cruise?

Again, Grazie, Merci, Danke and Thank you.

I don't know if this is the way I thank everyone for their comments on my posting. Someone asked when do we arrive in port, (8:00) and when does our plane leave (11:00). It does appear that with proper planning, we should not have a problem.

-I guess I was referring to the Extra All Inclusive that seems to cost around Euro 19-20. I guess my question there is that if we have an External Premium cabin that includes a continental breakfast with room service, are we charged for the coffee separately?

-I did not ask questions about Rome and Florence as we've visited those cities several times and will probably just revisit favorite spots. We are clueless regarding Mallorca, Savona, and Marseille and would appreciate suggestions for them.

-Another question: are high seas the rule or the exception during a winter Med. cruise?

Again, Grazie, Merci, Danke and Thank you.

Regarding the Extra AI. If it is just normal black coffee in a pot, then no - you will not get charged for it. If it is a Cappuccino or any other kind of special coffee, you will be charged for it. I have attached the Bar Menu for you. Everything in it, except the ones marked with a red star, is included once you have the 19.50 euro Extra AI.

Ok, cant give any excursion recommendations on Mallorca, Savona, and Marseille.

There are rough seas in these seasons, but usually nothing wild I would say.

Philip

Extra All Inclusive.pdf

Regarding the Extra AI. If it is just normal black coffee in a pot, then no - you will not get charged for it. If it is a Cappuccino or any other kind of special coffee, you will be charged for it. I have attached the Bar Menu for you. Everything in it, except the ones marked with a red star, is included once you have the 19.50 euro Extra AI.

Ok, cant give any excursion recommendations on Mallorca, Savona, and Marseille.

There are rough seas in these seasons, but usually nothing wild I would say.

Philip

I have not come across a charge for cappuccino for breakfast room service in a premium cabin. I always write it in and there has not been a problem.

Thank you all for your comments. I really appreciate the menu as well. If anyone else has ideas for the ports of Mallorca, Savona or Marseille, I would appreciate it. This would include any restaurant suggestions as eating is part of the experience!

• 1 month later...

We are doing the same trip March 3-10, 2014. In Mallorca we are doing the hop on and hop off bus to tour the most touristic areas with viator.com. There are 16 stops along the city for you to explore and then get right back on. It's like $20 per person ($10 for senior citizens). They have recorded commentary for you to listen to while on the bus in several languages