Carnival Victory - Mini Suite Guarantee

Looking into booking our next cruise on the Carnival Victory. I noticed that if I choose the "mini suite gaurantee" when booking that I could save a few hundred dollars. When looking at the deck plans it looks as though all of the minisuites, except for two are located on the Empress Deck. The other two are located all the way up front on the Lido Deck. (The two on the Lido Deck look a little smaller, but appear to have a bigger balcony.) My questions are........ Are there "bad" or less desireable mini suite locations on the Carnival Victory? Should I book the "guarnantee" and save a few hundred dollars or should I book a particular cabin, at a higher price, and be done with it. Have any of you ever been disappointed when you finally received your "guarantee" room assignment? How many of you were pleasently surprised by being given a category above your chosen guarantee? Choices, Choices, Choices!

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't care which particular cabin you get, within your 'guarantee' category, book the guarantee.

If you feel it is important to be in one particular cabin, over another, within the same category, book the cabin, and pay the premium.

I have booked a guarantee for my next cruise and am taking my chances. I really don't care which cabin I get. If I get the least desirable room in the category, at least I did not overpay! If history is any guide, I will likely get a cabin a few decks higher than what I paid for!

Archived