No NCL Plans Now for Port Canaveral

Rebels82

Last week I was on an NCL ship and I will not name the ship so I don't get the Cruise Consultant in trouble. I asked her if there are any plans for NCL to embark from Port C. She said no not at this time. She suggested for those that would like that to write on your Cruise Comments when you are on cruises and also mentioned to write comments on Cruise Critic.

The unnamed "fish" site is showing an 11 day TA, Dover to Port Canaveral, on the Star following the British Isles cruise in 2015. Leaving Dover 10/6/15 with 1 stop in Ponta Delgada. I have no idea if it's real or not as all cabins are currently priced at $999 and NCL hasn't said a word, but I'm hoping they know something we don't!;)

Sorry for any confusion with my original post. My point was that the Cruise Consultant SUGGESTED if people are interested in Port C. being an Embarkation port, then let NCL know by filling out comment cards when you are on cruises or by discussing it on Cruise Critic. She totally agreed it would be good to have it as an Embarkation port.

Sorry for any confusion with my original post. My point was that the Cruise Consultant SUGGESTED if people are interested in Port C. being an Embarkation port, then let NCL know by filling out comment cards when you are on cruises or by discussing it on Cruise Critic. She totally agreed it would be good to have it as an Embarkation port.

I would LOVE to have PC as an NCL embarkation port! :)

Last week I was on an NCL ship and I will not name the ship so I don't get the Cruise Consultant in trouble. I asked her if there are any plans for NCL to embark from Port C. She said no not at this time. She suggested for those that would like that to write on your Cruise Comments when you are on cruises and also mentioned to write comments on Cruise Critic.

Back in Feb. of 2012 I asked our cruise director on the Star (he was also on our first cruise on the Sun which left from PC) why they weren't sailing from PC any longer and he said it was because NCL did not like the setup of the terminal. Whether that's the entire story or even true I'm not sure. I wish they would have a ship leaving from there because airfares from the North East are less to Orlando than to FLL or MIA.

Too bad...

Best embarkation and debarkation port, by far....

Love the new, super efficient terminals there.

Bill

Tell me about it. From the time I left the gangway until I was in my car was literally 5 minutes. :) Of course the car was dead because I left a dome light on, but that's a different story. :(

Interesting! I was sitting on my balcony in Cocoa Beach this morning around 10:30 and spotted what looked like an NCL ship heading towards Port Canaveral. What's up with that?

Breakaway stops there, another does also just cant remember the ship :)