Two GAPearl reviews in one! Imagination 3 day 11/15 & Sensation 3 day 12/12- PLATINUM

gapearl

I agree with Mike! Seeing how many cruise's you have done and this is your first time in Nassau on a ship. I have been on 10 cruise's total and been to Nassau 7 times!!!:eek:

Yeah somehow I've managed to avoid Nassau all these years, but I'm glad I finally made it.

Oh. My. Gawd. That fruit loop French toast looked so gross! Who thinks of these things?

They had French toast crusted with a few different kinds of cereal available. Looked awful!

Looking Good!!! As usual in your dress....:cool:

Yes!! The new hair style looks great! :)

Thank you so much!

Yeah! It does look like Carnival misses the boat when it comes to making cornbread!

Misses the boat....pun intended....lol :D

IMHO this outfit you are wearing here is my favorite so far!!! Very nice!! :)

Thank you! I wore it on the Breeze as well. :)

Kim, I noticed you are on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean route next September. What date is your cruise? I am on the Breeze on September 21st going to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I wonder if we will share the port at either Grand Cayman or Cozumel???

No I'll miss you by a week.

Great review' date=' Thanks.

The first review that I read of yours had the rant about the corn bread and you offering to teach them how to make corn bread. Since then I always look for your reviews.

Have a good trip to Memphis. Visited there this summer and loved it. Its a beautiful city and had lots of fun on Beale St.[/quote']

Thanks for reading! The cornbread posts over the years have brought laughs and smiles to many people over the years. lol :D I was born and raised in Memphis. My family is all here and my high school classmate still get together every Christmas when we're all home, 15 years later. Glad you had a good visit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eng23 viewpost.gif

Kim, I noticed you are on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean route next September. What date is your cruise? I am on the Breeze on September 21st going to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I wonder if we will share the port at either Grand Cayman or Cozumel???

No I'll miss you by a week.

Darn! :( I figured I would ask, it would have been nice to meet you. :) I'll keep my eyes open for you whenever I fly.

Another great review Kim!!! I hope you have a safe and Merry Christmas!!!

Harold :D

Thank you for all the nice words Harold! I hope you had a good holiday as well!

Thanks for another great review, I don’t think those 3am nights I could keep up with you anymore.Lol!! The Epic is a very nice ship to sail on and better than most Carnival ships.

Have a safe and Happy Holidays.

Sometimes I don't know how I keep up with myself during those late nights. I just have a lot of energy I guess lol. I would certainly sail the Epic if the price and itinerary were right. I looked at the Breakaway to Bermuda for next year, but it was way too expensive. I have a friend that sailed the Epic about two months ago and wrote a lengthy review. He had a bad experience with service, getting reservations to the shows, drink service being extremely slow, etc. I guess everyone has different experiences. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!

Merry Christmas from a fellow Memphian! How do you manage to be in so many pictures traveling solo? I travel mostly with my kids and never end up in any pics unless a Good Samaritan offers to take one for me.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you're standing within 3 feet of me, I have no problem asking you to take my picture lol. Most times whoever takes it wants a picture too, and I offer to snap one of them. ;)

Great review!! The part about the taxi driver from Cabbage beach and the cornbread had me cracking up. Enjoy the holidays.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

Glad you got a good laugh! Thanks for reading!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eng23 viewpost.gif

Another great review Kim!!! I hope you have a safe and Merry Christmas!!!

Harold :D

You are welcome! It's been a good day so far. I'm working my last shift of the year at the fire station today. Tomorrow starts a end of year break for me and I'm heading to Florida on New Year's Eve to catch my college's bowl game in Tampa. :)

Love all of your reviews! You are a gem!

A gem, as in a pearl? lol Thanks for the words and thanks for reading!

Email already into my PVP to book next week when she returns from vacation. Hope to see you on the rollcall.

Merry Christmas :)

Cool! I've been sitting here looking at the deck plans and trying to figure out which cabin I might want. This is going to be so awesome. :D

Kim, OH, NO !!!! That was cause for mutiny. How did you ever survive????? LOL, thank goodness for the DVR.

LOL I can't wait until February when Scandal returns! I wonder if I'll be on a cruise again the night of the season premiere. hahaha

a big lol

:D:p:cool:

Happy Holidays Kim!

Another FABULOUS review! My first three cruises were done as a solo and way back then Carnival had no single supplement, it was a single share program wherein they matched you with a cabin mate for the week. For me it worked out great!

I enjoyed cruising solo, do what I want when I want and always meeting new people.

Mr. Right is going to come along when you least expect it and you aren't looking. That's what happened to me and my partner and that was 15 years ago and we are still very happy together and addicted to cruising!

Hope 2014 brings you more memories traveling and more great reviews to share with us.

Susan

I'd be too hesitant to share a room with a stranger. Glad it worked out for you back then though. I enjoy going solo for the reasons you just said- you do what you want when you want, and because I'm a social butterfly, I'm always meeting new people. Thanks for all the nice words. :)

Thanks for taking the time to prepare and post yet another wonderful review! Looks like you are getting quite a fan club here on CC! lol

Have a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year! :)

Yeah it looks like I am, huh? I feel a little famous here on the Carnival board lol. Happy new year to you too! :)

Kim, have a great holiday and this cornbread thing is just killing me. Carnival just needs to quit with this. :D

All they gotta do is get a partnership with Jiffy! :p Hope you had a nice holiday.

Love your reviews. We had a blast on the Valor as well last month.

Thanks a lot! Glad you had a good cruise. I read most of your review before I left for my cruises.

Darn! :( I figured I would ask, it would have been nice to meet you. :) I'll keep my eyes open for you whenever I fly.

Yep do that! You will love the Breeze, have fun on her!

You are welcome! It's been a good day so far. I'm working my last shift of the year at the fire station today. Tomorrow starts a end of year break for me and I'm heading to Florida on New Year's Eve to catch my college's bowl game in Tampa. :)

Ohhhhhh, another firefighter. :D I forgot to mention I dressed as a firefighter for Halloween lol. Have fun in Tampa!

Sometimes I don't know how I keep up with myself during those late nights. I just have a lot of energy I guess lol. I would certainly sail the Epic if the price and itinerary were right. I looked at the Breakaway to Bermuda for next year, but it was way too expensive. I have a friend that sailed the Epic about two months ago and wrote a lengthy review. He had a bad experience with service, getting reservations to the shows, drink service being extremely slow, etc. I guess everyone has different experiences. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!

If you're standing within 3 feet of me, I have no problem asking you to take my picture lol. Most times whoever takes it wants a picture too, and I offer to snap one of them. ;)

Glad you got a good laugh! Thanks for reading!

Thank you again for the wonderful review Kim. Your writing is a joy to read [loved the RCI review from the Med as well! Too bad you missed Jackie during this trip :(] and you are clearly living life to the fullest!

As far as the Breakaway; she is a GORGEOUS ship and Bermuda is one island that I will definitely go back to...SO much different than the Caribbean ports [i.e no hawkers and Senor Frogs lol]. The summer prices are very high but if you go in Sept or Oct the trip is not much more than you would pay for a Carnival 7 night on one of the newer ships. Also, NCL ships have a much nicer decor IMO than anything I have seen from Carnival. The food in the MDRs is a bit better on Carnival though but they are trying to change the MDR experience now so who knows if that will last. If you don't care about a brand new ship but want to go to Bermuda, NCL has the Dawn in Boston from Apr-Oct doing the Bermuda run as well. Happy and safe travels! :D

Thanks for reading! Yes, that itinerary looks awesome. Carnival hasn't done anything like that in a while. Thanks to Santa, I might be booking it sooner than later. ;)

Good Santa! I actually booked yesterday, as a solo. Kinda scared cause I'm an introvert. A friend of mine is 'considering' tagging along but if she doesn't go this will be my first solo sailing. Hope to see you on the roll call. ;)

GaPearl, I'm like you...do NOT ask me for a tip. If I feel your service was worth it, then I will tip you as I see fit. What bothers me the most is people assuming that they should be tipped! I'm with you on the water taxi guy and if I had been there, he would not have gotten anything from me as well.

Kim, you've done it again! I spent the vast majority of today slowly reading your review so as not to finish too soon! As usual you were so exact in your review that you put your readers right there. Thanks for being you! You help us hopelessly addicted cruisers hold on to our sanity.😊😅😰😓😃. Happy and prosperous new year filled with cruises to you!!!

Thank you again for the wonderful review Kim. Your writing is a joy to read [loved the RCI review from the Med as well! Too bad you missed Jackie during this trip :(] and you are clearly living life to the fullest!

As far as the Breakaway; she is a GORGEOUS ship and Bermuda is one island that I will definitely go back to...SO much different than the Caribbean ports [i.e no hawkers and Senor Frogs lol]. The summer prices are very high but if you go in Sept or Oct the trip is not much more than you would pay for a Carnival 7 night on one of the newer ships. Also, NCL ships have a much nicer decor IMO than anything I have seen from Carnival. The food in the MDRs is a bit better on Carnival though but they are trying to change the MDR experience now so who knows if that will last. If you don't care about a brand new ship but want to go to Bermuda, NCL has the Dawn in Boston from Apr-Oct doing the Bermuda run as well. Happy and safe travels! :D

Thanks for the comments Boston! I was looking at Breakaway for September. It was like $300 more than FOS, and FOS was like $200 more than Magic. I looked at all the Bermuda itineraries (including RC too) , and most get in on Sunday. From what I understand, not much is open there on Sunday. I'd have the best chance to see an do everything with Breakaway. Maybe one day! Thanks for taking the time to read all my reviews!

Good Santa! I actually booked yesterday, as a solo. Kinda scared cause I'm an introvert. A friend of mine is 'considering' tagging along but if she doesn't go this will be my first solo sailing. Hope to see you on the roll call. ;)

Oh you'll be fine, no worries. Plus I'm sure we'll see each other around.

GaPearl - love the hair, dress, shoes, and of course the review. Thanks for sharing and can't wait for another review, so hurry and go on another cruise!

Thank you! :)

GaPearl, I'm like you...do NOT ask me for a tip. If I feel your service was worth it, then I will tip you as I see fit. What bothers me the most is people assuming that they should be tipped! I'm with you on the water taxi guy and if I had been there, he would not have gotten anything from me as well.

Exactly! Everyone thinks they deserve a tip for everything. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

D*mn, I'm in awe! I would break my neck wearing anything like this. lol.

Great review as always. Keep us posted if you ever apply for Amazing Race - I haven't missed a season and it would be so cool to actually 'know' someone to root for! :)

I'm used to wearing heels, but those were in a league of their own!

Believe me, if I ever make it to the show, EVERYONE will hear about it! ;)

Awesome review. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures with all of us. Cant wait till your next one!!

Thank you for reading!

Kim, you've done it again! I spent the vast majority of today slowly reading your review so as not to finish too soon! As usual you were so exact in your review that you put your readers right there. Thanks for being you! You help us hopelessly addicted cruisers hold on to our sanity.😊😅😰😓😃. Happy and prosperous new year filled with cruises to you!!!

As usual, your pictures were great, you seem to know just when and where to insert them. Again, thank you for all your selfless time spent for us.��

Thank you so much for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Happy new year to you as well!

Must. Book. Now. I need to be on that ship. Merry Christmas to you too!

Kim are you aware with Carnival you might be able to qualify for their interline rate? This is a rate given to workers in the travel industry. You can not do it on their website or with a travel agent.

Disclosure I am a travel agent.

Ruth

Kim are you aware with Carnival you might be able to qualify for their interline rate? This is a rate given to workers in the travel industry. You can not do it on their website or with a travel agent.

Disclosure I am a travel agent.

Ruth

Hi Ruth. Yes, I'm well aware of interline rates. I booked at the interline rate on 3 of my 4 cruises this year. Interline rate on the Splendor was only $20 cheaper than early saver. I booked ES in case there are price drops after final payment, I can get obc. Sometimes they have good deals, other times not as good. Very hit or miss.

Hi again! I'm soooo excited to start reading the second part of your review! I had to stop for a minute and tell you I am smiling as I started to read it! We love Disney! Cirque du soleil is on my bucket list. Haven't made it to one yet. We were on the Sensation a few weeks before you for Thanksgiving. We went to Magic Kingdom for a few hours when we got off the ship on Sun. before our flight. Love your hair!! So pretty! OK....have to get back to reading, but wanted to tell you these things!!! =)

Thanks! I bought those in October when it was too cool out to wear them. I brought them on the cruise so I wouldn't have to wait until next year to wear them. :D Go ahead and overpack, girl! Can't wait to read your next review!

I'm loving the new hair, but I'm not loving having to wake up earlier in the morning to do it!

Yeah, easy for you to say; you don't have to pay to check your bag(s) if you overpack. :D

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

Kim, I probably should have commented along the way because I can't remember everything now. :(

Anyhow, I loved both reviews and your outfits. I really loved that blue dress.

You are a true comedian, I nearly died laughing at your description of the toothless driver.

I felt your pain about Scandal, it got bumped for the sorry azz Texans. I'm a Houston native and never liked them.

I will say that you've made me want to give Nassau another try, but only for the club...well, maybe that Tiki bar too.

I'm getting sleepy and can't think about other stuff now...besides the fact I may get to meet you; I'm booked on the November 1 sailing on Splendor...for now. I may cancel it; that made cruise #4 for next year and I want to see my husband (favorite artist) at Essence in July (will be my 1st time going; if I go) and have to make it to my friend's bday party in Philly.

And now I have to pull out Rickey Smiley's DVD, Open Casket Sharp. I never watched it and you brought it back to memory. Lol

Goodnight

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app