Airport E-ticket question--Where do we sit?

Ok, so we got our documents and our flight itinerary with ticket numbers etc. It states that advanced airline seat arrangements must be made through the airline. But, the airline we are using states on their website that seat selections are made at the time the reservation was made. My question is, do we just show up and take the seat they assign us or do we still have to pick our seats. The only time I have flown was with a group trip that took care of this stuff so I have no clue.:confused: Thanks!

Just call the airline, give your travel date, flight #, and name and ask if seats have been assigned, and if so what are the seat numbers. If you're not happy with the assigned seats, ask to change seats. If they haven't been assigned, ask to do it while you're on the phone with them.

Hi Sweetgirl82,

On your e-tkt confirmation/itinerary, does it have seat assignments listed? If so, then you can go ahead and use those assigned seats. If you don't see assignments, you can call the airline and ask them to pull up your reservation. If you don't have the reservation number, they should be able to do it by name and flight number. Then they can tell you if you have seats assigned. If you don't like the assigned seats, you can always ask them to check for better seats.

Hope this helps! Enjoy the cruise!:D

Just my two cents: If you don't see a seat assignment when traveling with others by all means call asap like the above poster did. I didn't think to and by the time we checked in they could not give me & my daughter seats next to each other since the flight was full. My daughter (10) was scared to death not to be seated next to me but a kind lady switched seats when the gentleman in the same row as me asked if she would knowing what are situation was. He could have gave up his seat but I won't mention that, hehe. It was my fault for not checking and assuming our seats were together especially since she was a minor. Learned from the airline if their nose isn't running and they are not tugging on your knee caps they are not a minor.

BonVoyage!

Dawna

Archived