Step by Step directions to Autoprogreso Uxmal Tour

S&DMOM

Can anyone give me step by step directions on how to use AP for the Uxmal trip? We will be arrive by Carnival Elation. Need info on where to meet the rep, what time to leave the boat , etc. I have read there is a bus from the port to "another area", etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!! TIA!!:D

Many people like to book through local providers and I'm sure you will get some help from those who have experience doing this.

Keep in mind that when you book excursions through any cruise line they have checked them and found they meet certain standards. A major point is that the ship will not leave you if an approved excursion has a problem that brings you back to the ship late.

Local tours you book on your own become your responsibility to get back on time.

Can anyone give me step by step directions on how to use AP for the Uxmal trip? We will be arrive by Carnival Elation. Need info on where to meet the rep, what time to leave the boat , etc. I have read there is a bus from the port to "another area", etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!! TIA!!:D

When you leave the small shopping area you will need to board a bus that will take you to the end of the dock (5 miles).

While you are boarding the AP bus that will take you to town, one of their people will be there. You can purchase the tour at that time. In return you will recieve a colored braclet for your tour. It works well if you have the right change. They will tell you when your tour leaves.

We have used AutoProgresso twice and both times were very pleased. Once you leave the ship and walk through the shop area there is an office on the left hand side. There will also be several people holding AutoProgresso literature trying to get you to purchase one. They will definately find you!

Many people like to book through local providers and I'm sure you will get some help from those who have experience doing this.

Keep in mind that when you book excursions through any cruise line they have checked them and found they meet certain standards. A major point is that the ship will not leave you if an approved excursion has a problem that brings you back to the ship late.

Local tours you book on your own become your responsibility to get back on time.

FYI, Carnival uses Autoprogresso for their tours also. We do the Technotel AI trip. Carnival's price is $70. Autoprogresso is $35. It's a good outfit and it well worth using in Progresso. If one of their buses happens to break down, they have back up(s).

Thanks for the replies!! About what time should we leave the ship to make it in time for the Uxmal trip? 7:30 or 8am?

When we did it a couple years ago, we got off the ship early, probably between 7:30 and 8:00. We took the bus to Progreso and after we purchased our tickets to Uxmal, we had time to walk around the market area and buy a few things before the bus left.

Note: Bring water and a hat with you. They have two seasons there hot and hotter! There are very nice bathrooms at Uxmal and some food available there. There is also a small market place just outside the front of Uxmal.

Have a great time!

FYI, Carnival uses Autoprogresso for their tours also. We do the Technotel AI trip. Carnival's price is $70. Autoprogresso is $35. It's a good outfit and it well worth using in Progresso. If one of their buses happens to break down, they have back up(s).

This is good information! Thanks for posting.

I don't know what the rates are today, but when I cruised, the Carnival excursion to Uxmal was only a few dollars more than Autoprogresso, and spent more time at the site.

If you are nervous about an independent excursion, you might find the ship excursion is a good choice. We do very few excursions with the ship, but we found this one to be worthwhile, and not too large (just one busload) to feel like we were overwhelmed in a large group of people. We had plenty of free time.