Beakaway Ice Bar...is it a "rip-off"?

dongordon

Sounds like an experience and a lot of fun....Gotta do it!!

The two drinks going down quickly so you don't get cold should bring on some smiles quickly!! :D

Thanks for your comments.

Don

That's exactly what happened to me. A novelty and being able to say we went to an ice bar. I was sooooo cold that I downed my two drinks-- I do not drink alcohol at all- got very lightheaded and as per hubby, I sang Barney songs the way back to the room. Yikes.

A novelty, something to talk about and glad I went for a few.

I have heard that some people have said that the Breakaway Ice Bar is a "rip-off."

Any opinions on that comment?

Don

You get out what you put in. It's a bit pricey, but it's fun. Two drinks were $20, but there is a lot of alcohol, since they would freeze otherwise. My wife and I did it on the Epic and it was a hoot. We were the only ones in there, and the bartender stepped out because *he* was freezing.

As we were going in, we saw some people going out who didn't understand the concept, since they had gone in wearing damp bathing suits and sandals. It was a quick retreat.

Where else in the Caribbean will you wear a parka?

I did it on the Epic and didn't think it was a ripoff. Essentially the $20 covers your two drinks. Went with one of the girls in my group and ran into some friends we had met the previous night in one of the specialty restaurants. Had a blast and downing the two drinks in 30 minutes made for an interesting and entertaining rest of the night!!! I would definitely do it again with a large group but probably not an activity one would enjoy alone.