Carnival Liberty Aft Oceanview or Balcony

seashell64

Sailing in May for a 5 day on the Liberty. We've sailed 4 times on Carnival but mostly on The Sensation or Fantasy - very excited to be on the Liberty. We are booked for an Aft Oceanview; it 's one of the bigger Aft cabins on deck 2. I am considering an Aft Balcony on the upper deck as I can get one for 155.00 more; I've never had a balcony room and was just looking for opinions/pros - cons. do those of you who have had balconies use them a lot?

The aft oceanview room is large, but be aware of where you are in relationship to the anchor and to the wenches they use when docking We were rattled out of bed every morning when we ported because we were way too close to those things (Granted, this was on the Victory and not the Liberty but I'd assume similar sounds!).

I'd suggest the aft balcony...get higher up above those wenches! But.if you have never had a balcony, beware...its tough to go back!

If you are referring to an aft-facing balcony, book the last one on the starboard side next to the aft-wrap if you are thinking of booking deck 6. The other aft-facing balconies on that deck all the way around to the L-shaped on port side get ALOT of music and noise from the lounge below until late into the night. If you can get deck 7 or 8, that would be ideal.

Enjoy!