Full hotels

sassyredhat

FYI: I was trying to book 5 hotel rooms for our April NCL cruise from LA/San Pedro. Three of the 4 were booked for April 12th.

Pat

You picked a tough weekend!

The Long Beach Grand Prix is being run April 11-13. 2014...

Area hotels tend to book up EARLY...Finding rooms will be tough...

With that many people in your party, you might want to try staying elsewhere...possibly Torrance near the Del Amo Mall (Marriott, Doubletree, Residence Inn)...or even up near LAX in either Culver City (Doubletree, Courtyard, Extended Stay America or Four Points) or El Segundo (Hilton Garden Inn, Hyatt, Embassy Suites, Residence Inn, Courtyard)... and arrange for a shuttle to the port...

Check with us local before booking any hotel not mentioned here...

FYI: I was trying to book 5 hotel rooms for our April NCL cruise from LA/San Pedro. Three of the 4 were booked for April 12th.

Pat

Try Doubletree hotel in Carson . They do have free shuttle to and from the cruise pier. Were staying there in Feb before our cruise. They have free parking, full breakfast plus the parking with the cruise pkg.

As Bruin stated, the LBGP weekend fills hotels in the general area, not just in Long Beach. Spectators and press tend to stay at hotels in LB. Since Toyota and Honda's USA headquarters are in Torrance, the corporate staff, teams, support staff, etc. tend to stay in that area.

What is the one of 4 hotels that's open?

One key question- will you have a car? That adds Manhattan/Redondo Beach, Santa Monica, Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, etc. to the list. They are fairly close to San Pedro if you can't get closer in, but aren't the easiest areas to access without a car. If you are driving from San Diego, I'd drive as far as Huntington Beach or the Belmont Shore area and then go to San Pedro in the morning if you can't find anything closer. Be aware the traffic flow will be very disrupted around downtown LB so I'd avoid the area by taking the 405 north to 110 south.

Are you looking for a basic place or business hotel, or are you after an upscale place and/or a beach-y atmosphere?

Edited by kenish