Dumb Question from a Boomer Who Grew Up Watching Love Boat

RocketJ

Joanne,

I remember Love Boat so you must be around my age (and I am a Joanne too!) Which port do you want to leave from? OR haven't you chosen a cruise yet? Bermuda was fun when we left (although we didn't want to leave). The ship has to go out a small opening and it barely fits. People on both sides wave up to you. Everyone crowds up on the top level of the ship to take pictures.

Joanne,

I remember Love Boat so you must be around my age (and I am a Joanne too!) Which port do you want to leave from? OR haven't you chosen a cruise yet? Bermuda was fun when we left (although we didn't want to leave). The ship has to go out a small opening and it barely fits. People on both sides wave up to you. Everyone crowds up on the top level of the ship to take pictures.

Hi Joanne -

We're leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. I really like the bubble idea someone mentioned but I also thought about getting those "Champagne Poppers" you shoot off on New Year's Eve if I can take them on the plane. It's hard to say since they don't even let you take matches or lighters now!

Joanne

Joanne,

How about noisemakers and new year's eve party hats (without the new years words on it of course). Actually you might be too excited to really do that much. Pulling out of the harbor is so exciting. Many people go to the top level. Picture taking is probably the #1 thing while pulling out. Get pictures of you and your hubby or sign. other with the port in the background as you pull away from shore. I would highly recommend a digital camera. prices of those are coming down and are affordable. My friend from our dining table was up on board taking pictures as we left Bermuda to come home. We both went to take pictures and she had to quickly change rolls of film. I didn't have to worry. As long as my batteries didn't give out I was fine. She was just about able to get the film changed in time to take some pictures.

Joanne

• 2 weeks later...
Ohhh.... I'd forgotten about that! It is absolutely beautiful to sail out of Vancouver. And we did do streamers and such on that cruise... but that was back in the day when Love Boat was just barely off the air!

lol..I live in Vancouver.....is it really that special to sail out under the bridge? 'grass is always greener' I guess :)

Archived